Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

question about servo programer

Old 07-12-2005, 12:02 AM
LeeL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about servo programer

I read the stickey about the update for the servo programer but didnt understand what was meant by reverse compatible. would you please explain in more detail I have 8 new ver. 1.04 5645's I am fixing to install in a H-9 1/3 scale extra will I still be able to set end points etc. with a programer that has not been updated yet? thanks for your time
Old 07-13-2005, 11:41 AM
MikeMayberry

Default RE: question about servo programer

Backwards compatible would have been a better reference.... this means it will be compatible with all the older software as well.

Mike.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:33 AM
GBR2

I just got my programmer back and it works fine but it would have been better if the opening screen gave the software version number (as the 1.03 software did) rather than the 2 line screen that says:

HiTec
HFP-10

That information is already printed to the left on the silkscreening.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 PM
FLYNCAPS
My Feedback: (10)

Hey GBR2 does your programmer ever stop working and go back to the start screen. Mine never did this until I had it updated to 1.04. I think mine may have a problem now. Thanks Tony C.
Old 07-16-2005, 04:48 PM
GBR2

No, the programmer hasn't gone back to the start screen. However, I've only used it for about 10 minutes since I got it back. If it does, I'll post back.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Brucerol

How can you tell the software version of the HFP-10 programmer? I just got a used one and would like to confirm that it has been updated to V. 1.04.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:30 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brucerol

How can you tell the software version of the HFP-10 programmer? I just got a used one and would like to confirm that it has been updated to V. 1.04.
Power up the Programmer, if a version number (V1.02, v1.03) flashes by its not loaded with the latest software. The lack of a revision or version number indicates the programmer is loaded with v1.04 firmware our latest offering.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:54 AM
DesertHucker

ORIGINAL: mglavin

ORIGINAL: Brucerol

Power up the Programmer, if a version number (V1.02, v1.03) flashes by its not loaded with the latest software. The lack of a revision or version number indicates the programmer is loaded with v1.04 firmware our latest offering.
What about future updates how will we know what version we have then?
In future release will they include a screan to display the version?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't offer any counsel in regard to future updates as we have yet to briefed on anything in the pipeline. However I would assume there will be some way to differentiate future firmware updates, such as a revision number on start-up as previously utilized.