Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Digital servo resolution

Old 10-04-2005, 08:35 AM
clm
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Digital servo resolution

I have 5945 digital servos which have a resolution of 1024. Analog servos have a resolution of 512.
I'm under the impression that the 1024 resolution only applies when used with a PCM receiver. Is this true?
I installed the servos in a Funtana and tried both a FUTABA FM and PCM receiver. I do not notice any difference in resolution.
My Tx is a Futaba 9CAP. Is their a setting in the TX other than PPM/PCM I need to set to realize the higher resolution?

thank you
clm
Old 10-04-2005, 10:13 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digital servo resolution

Your miss informed... All servos work with a maximum pulse width swing of approximately 600us either side of center. This means a maximum 1200 steps are available with the proper TX end-point settings and servo/surface linkage ratio.

The TX plays a part in this as you suggest, but PPM offers finer resolution than PCM. Most current PCM TX's output 1024 steps to the RX with MAX ATV or end-points. The servo swings approximately 1.17 degrees per step 1200/1024=1.17.