Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS-5645 & HS-5625 Wire Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 07:22 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HS-5645 & HS-5625 Wire Extensions

Mike,

Please clarify your thoughts here.

I think most of us running HS-5625s and/or HS-5645s are mounting them on 1/4-scale birds or larger. In many cases they are being mounted well away from the RX, whether in the tail section of the plane or the wing servos. This routinely results in extensions greater than 24".

Are we loosing that much from these standard extensions (same guage wire that the servos are supplied with) with these servos? I've already heard that they can't be programmed with the extensions -- makes it more difficult to match dual elevator servos in my Sukhoi setup.

I am working on two applications with the following configurations: (Both of these airplanes are being exploited for their 3D capabilities so I expect to put them through their paces; thats why I've chosen the fast/heavy torgue/metal gearing of the HS-56.. servos. Any suggestions for alternatives -- I'm not concerned if I'm overkilled here, only if the configurations may be sensitive to failure.)

1) 1/4-scale Hanger 9 Cap 232 (minimal extensions here due to servos mounted within the fuselage and pushrodded to controls and others mounted in wing)
a) (2) HS-5625s, (ailevator funtion) one each elevator half, separate RX channels, servos mounted in close proximity to RX (probably no extensions used here)
b) (1) HS-5645 on a pull-pull setup for the rudder, servo mounted in close proximity to RX (also no extension expected here)
c) (2) HS-5625s, one each airlon, separate RX channels, servos mounted in the wing (expect extensions here to be in the neighborhood of 30" (for each: one 18" or 24" extension in the wing, one 6" extension in the RX)
d) (1) HS-425 or HS-422 for the throttle, servo mounted within the cow (expect extension in the neighborhood of 18" here)
e) (2) 2100mah NIMH batteries, each with a separate switch, connected to separate RX channels.
f) Hitec Super Slim 8-Channel RX

2) 120 Creek Hobbies Sukhoi
a) (2) HS-5625s, (ailevator funtion) one each elevator half, separate RX channels, servos mounted externally on the fuselage in the tail section (expect about a 36" extension for each servo here.)
b) (1) HS-5645 on a pull-pull setup for the rudder, servo mounted externally on the fuselage in the tail section (expect about a 36" extension for each servo here.)
c) (2) HS-5625s, one each airlon, separate RX channels, servos mounted in the wing (expect extensions here to be in the neighborhood of 30" (for each: one 18" or 24" extension in the wing, one 6" extension in the RX)
d) (1) HS-425 or HS-422 for the throttle, servo mounted within the cow (expect extension in the neighborhood of 18" here)
e) (2) 2100mah (or 3600mah) NIMH batteries, each with a separate switch, connected to separate RX channels.
f) Hitec Super Slim 8-Channel RX
Old 01-10-2003, 11:36 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only real problem I have heard of is with one long extention into a Y-harness so that two servos are trying to pull power through one long lead. The heavy duty extentions should be OK for a single servo.

Mike.
Old 01-11-2003, 12:01 AM
bdphil
My Feedback: (26)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only real problem I have heard of is with one long extention into a Y-harness so that two servos are trying to pull power through one long lead.
Mike,

does this mean that if two servos are to be run on a y-harness that it should be next to the rx and then 2 extensions to the servos?

I'm setting up 2 5625's on each aileron of my 1/3 scale extra.

Ben