Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5945 Servo Problem

Old 10-08-2006, 09:14 PM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5945 Servo Problem

Hey Mike, I just wanted to know what you thought of this. I have burned up 2 outboard aileron servos in 2 months. They are burning up at the motor as the pc board appears fine. The motor's are completely siezing up and locking the control surface(at neutral both time luckily). I run them in a 34% extra with 2 servo's per wing panel. I use smart fly synchronizer's to line up neutrals and end points. Power is from 6.0 regulated lithium. The servos have about 500 flights on them. Would having the motors replaced be a viable option. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2006, 12:58 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5945 Servo Problem

It’s unusual for multiple motor failures to happen without something instigating same... I’d check and cycle the servo connecters in play and verify that you don’t have any binding issues and or unusual current draw. An inline ammeter is required and is must have IMO, this device plugs directly into the servo connectors. Possibly reinitialize and reset the synchronizers to ensure they are properly programmed.

Send the servo to Hitec Service, you’ll be contacted if there are any questions regarding the failures and prior to charges being incurred if any.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
budgetdude
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 5945 Servo Problem

I will send them in for service. That being said an ammeter was used on inital setup and the synchronizers were programmed and set properly. THey were also oppisite wings.