Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Receiver works and then it doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 03:07 PM
bobbailey
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receiver works and then it doesn't

I recently bought a new HITEC 8 channel receiver that has auto shift,I believe Supreme. I have a JR radio, wiht some JR servos and Htec in the plane I have yet o fly. Bought it 2nd hand. If I turn on the airplane and thn the radio, nothing works. On the otherhand, If I turn on the radio first, then the airplane, the servos work. I have always used JR and it does not matter whihc I turn on first using all JR equipment. Is this a problem or is it a safety feature of this brand of receiver. I will not fly until I know. Thanks and waiting to hear so I can fly.

Bob Bailey
Old 02-28-2007, 09:45 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Receiver works and then it doesn't

Can you provide the model number of the RX?

General practice is to power up the TX ffirst allowing it to boot up providing its a programmble TX and subsequently powering up the model. One should never power the model up first...
Old 02-28-2007, 04:50 PM
bobbailey

Supreme IIS auto shift 8 channel.
All other JR equipment works either way no matter which is turned on first. It is a programmable JR 6102 10 m0del memory transmitter.. Is this ok only to work one way by turning on the transmitter first and then model second and not work vice versa?
Thanks. Bob
Old 03-01-2007, 05:17 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: bobbailey

Supreme IIS auto shift 8 channel.
All other JR equipment works either way no matter which is turned on first. It is a programmable JR 6102 10 m0del memory transmitter.. Is this ok only to work one way by turning on the transmitter first and then model second and not work vice versa? Thanks. Bob
I would worry if that RX did not operate in manner described.
Golden Rule with all brands of RC systems is "TX On First Off Last" is especially so when using auto gain/shift select, PLL based receivers, ESC with BEC. new 2.4 Ghz systems etc. Many receivers, including some JR held, if switched on first will lock onto the strongest rf close to operating frequency and then not "listen" to your TX. The main danger is that an extraneous signal may try to drive your servos past their stop positions resulting in burn out or damage which will cause failure at a later inappropriate moment.
This particularily applies to many ESC with built in failsafes and parameters which will not operate if RX is turned on before the TX.
Golden rule = TX on first off last. even all JR Manuals held note the TX should be turned on first off last e.g. Quattro "4. Perform the following ground range check
before each day’s flying session: • Do not extend the transmitter antenna at this
time. Turn the transmitter “ON.” • Turn the model “ON.” "
Much more in my web page under various sections of ESC, Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ, Receivers etc.
regards
Alan T.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:27 AM
bobbailey

OK. Thanks will handle in the suggested manner.