Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Servo programmer

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 03:33 PM
rjpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo programmer

Hi Mike;
I purchased one of your programmers a few months ago to use in the set up of the Hitec digital servo's in my 1/3 sice Cap.
When I got the programmer, I charged the batteries with an overnight charger as recommended.
When I tried to use the programmer a couple of hours later, the batteries were dead.
I charged again using one of my quick chargers, and had the same problem.
I called Hitec and explained this to them, and they said to return the unit which I did.
When I got the unit back, I didn't use it until yesterday, and I am having the exact same problem.
When it was returned to me, the note said the battery pack had been replaced.
Obviously there is an internal problem causing the pack to self discharge in an hour or less with the unit turned off.
I would certainly like to be able to use this unit, but I need to have it fixed, and not just the battery pack replaced.
Regards
Ron Jahnig
Old 03-17-2003, 05:42 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default Servo programmer

Sorry to hear about the problems. Contact our service department and we will fix you up.

(858)748-6948

Mike.
Old 03-18-2003, 03:36 PM
hilleyja
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Servo programmer

Ron,

I had the same thing happen to me. My final solution was to remove the left case plate and disconnect the battery. The programmer has a standard 1100mah NICAD RX pack installed -- it takes up about 1/2 of the case's storage. I then hooked up the battery to my Dymond Turbo charger and cycled it (discharge then charge) at C/10. I haven't had any more problems. I now routinely fast charge it at just under C, 600mah. Depended upon my use I will cycle it monthly -- just like one of my normal RX packs.

This is something you can't do normally because the programmer, like most TXs, has a protection diode in the charging circuit.
Old 03-18-2003, 09:40 PM
rjpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Default Programmer

Thanks for the reply, Jim.
I e-mailled Hitec yesterday, and told them that I had found the problem.
I also removed the battery from the programmer, and when my Sirrius fast charger would not charge it, I discovered the pack had a bad cell.
I made up a new pack, and it is working properly at this time.
Thanks for the reply.
Ron Jahnig