Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Trouble with the HFP-10 programmer

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 02:03 AM
Wings-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trouble with the HFP-10 programmer

Just a few questions about the programer. I received a new programmer yesterday and noticed a couple of quarks.

The first one is that the programmer cannot display a small letter "n". I get something that looks like this:
S-Test
Ma#ual

However in
Program
EPAneuFS

The "n" works fine?

The other and biggest problem I have is charging the batteries. Although the directions say you can use a peak charger, you cannot measure voltage out of the charge jack meaning there is most likely a diode in the circuit preventing you from from actually using a modern peak charger. Do I need to unscrew the case every time I want to charge the batteries. Please don't tell me to use a 50ma wall transformer for charging a 1100 ma Nicad. That's like 34 hours or something.
Old 04-14-2003, 03:52 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with the HFP-10 programmer

I have not heard of that before but it would be covered under warranty if you want to send it in.

Yes there is a diode in line to protect the electronics and if you want to fast charge it you should connect to the battery directly. Use a slow charger!

Mike