Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Evo 9 problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:00 PM
GaryO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evo 9 problem

I have an Evo 9 that appears to be having an intermittent problelm. The radio has a Becker antennae and the Multiplex synth installed.

It has always provided similar range to another Evo 9, standard antennae and synth.

Recently the models have been experiencing what was initally thought was interference, or hits. However, I noticed that some of the "hits" were more like the control surfaces went to full deflection, as sometimes happens when the xmtr is turned off before the rcvr.
Some of the "hits" were recoverable, but most happened near the ground at distance (ouch). Two different models were involved.

The latest incidents were out in the desert, with no apparent sources of signals nearby, or far away for that matter.

Ground range tests against the other xmtr shows the Becker xmtr now has significantly less range than the other xmtr.

Can anyone think of anything to check before sending it in to Hitec for checking?
Old 03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
GaryO

Default RE: Evo 9 problem

I've thought about swapping the antennae around, but I pulled the Becker and it's so simple, it doesn't seem that the installation is the problem.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:41 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

You can send it in and we'll check it out.

Here's the info: http://www.multiplexusa.com/Support/service%20form.pdf

Note that anything the reciever does with the transmitter not on means absolutely nothing.

Mike.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:23 PM
GaryO

Mike,

What I was trying to describe, was that the airplane control surfaces would behave as thought the transmitter was off (it was still on) for a short period.

I'll go ahead and send it in.

Thanks,

Gary
Old 03-20-2008, 01:17 AM
ktaylor

Gary, I just bought the Evo 9. Interesting Tx to program. The reason that I bought it was to replace what I thought was a faulty TrackerIII radio. The radio seemed to be getting the same symptoms you described. I may have just found the problem. WHne I went to the wreckage of the plane that crashed, after I moved the plane I got servo response. Didn't think much of it at the time, thought it was the radio. I was just trying to use the same receiver battery from that crash & it turns out the battery wouldn't power anything. I opened the battery pack up and one of the tabs that connects the cells had come off. I'm not sure if this was the cause or not, although it seems like it might be the culprit.

I had a similar problem in a plane two weeks before that using the same battery pack, it was like I had just turned the radio off, but it was on. But what makes me wonder if there is a problem with the radio is that I was also flying an electric plane that powers the servos from the li-po flight battery pack and it did the same thing for a few seconds. Luckily that one recovered. I'm going to send that radio in again, (this will be the 3rd trip into the shop). When it comes back I'll just use it for my parkflyers.

Anyhow, just saying you might want to check the receiver pack you were using.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:18 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ktaylor- This forum is for replies from Hitec reps only. If you have something to add please use the P.M. feature.

Mike.