Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New Radio/reciever/servo compatability

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Radio/reciever/servo compatability

Hello,

I am getting back into the RC airplane hobby after a 5 year hiatus, and am looking a new radio. here are my questions. I would like to have at least 2 or more aircraft on different Channels / freqs. so that if one frequency is being used, I could at least have a better chance at flying on another..

1. I am looking at the Optic 6 with the spectra module, I am also considering a 2.4 ghz model. since I already have a Focus 4 radio, would it be better to go with the optic 6 so that it would be compatable with the flite pack that came with the focus 4 radio, or would the 2.4 ghz radio be compatable with the same flite pack the reciever model is the RCD 3500 FM/HFD 08RD?

2. would the reciever that comes with the Optic 6 (or a 2.4 ghz model) be compatable with servos from another manufacturer? I have many Futaba S28 and S148 servos. would these servos work with the Hitec reciever, With the Proper HItec connectors, of course?

BTW, I will only be sport flying, not precision, or comp.

Thanks, Craig.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:28 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Radio/reciever/servo compatability

ORIGINAL: SeaJay Hello, I am getting back into the RC airplane hobby after a 5 year hiatus, and am looking a new radio. here are my questions. I would like to have at least 2 or more aircraft on different Channels / freqs. so that if one frequency is being used, I could at least have a better chance at flying on another.. 1. I am looking at the Optic 6 with the spectra module, I am also considering a 2.4 ghz model. since I already have a Focus 4 radio, would it be better to go with the optic 6 so that it would be compatable with the flite pack that came with the focus 4 radio, or would the 2.4 ghz radio be compatable with the same flite pack the reciever model is the RCD 3500 FM/HFD 08RD? 2. would the reciever that comes with the Optic 6 (or a 2.4 ghz model) be compatable with servos from another manufacturer? I have many Futaba S28 and S148 servos. would these servos work with the Hitec reciever, With the Proper HItec connectors, of course? BTW, I will only be sport flying, not precision, or comp. Thanks, Craig.
1. The Optic with 72 mHz Spectra module will work well with your Focus 4 gear and can be upgraded to 2.4Ghzshortlywith
Spectra 2.4/Optima 7 Combo
2. Yes,Futaba and most otherservos will work with Hitec receivers, refer
Servo - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links