Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 82 MG servo problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 06:09 PM
draftman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 82 MG servo problems

I use alot of the 82MG servos for combat. yes they do get abused. it seems like that the newer servos, less than a year old, are getting stripped out alot easier. when I first started buying them, they would last a long time before I had any problems, the latter ones seem to be striping all the time. just maybe is the metal from a different batch or vendor? they just dont seem as tough as they used to be. any suggestions?
Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec 82 MG servo problems

Nothings changed as far as know. There are many variable in play here. Its plausible your setting the planes up differwntly now that you have more stick time, i.e., more throw, bigger surfaces, increased speed or flight times too.

What part of the gear-train is failing?
Old 02-22-2010, 05:58 PM
draftman1

I have been basicly using the same setup for the past two years. yes, combat does get some abuse, I cant deny that but sometimes there arnt any hits or unexplaned failures. the gear that the servo arms mount on is the one that is breaking. I will keep a better eye on it and see if I can track it down to a single event. thanks for the reply
Old 07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
littlephoenix

wondering why people pay so much for hitec's when there are servos that out perform them and much cheaper,,,,any ideas?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: littlephoenix wondering why people pay so much for hitec's when there are servos that out perform them and much cheaper,,,,any ideas?
Performance and Reliability backed by Acclaimed Service - a few of the reasons Hitec enjoythe greater popularity overall.

Metal gearservos wear out faster than nylon/karbonite gears and cost more to manufacture.
The cheaper servos use cheaper motors(which cause many BEC/Brownout problems) and do not have long lasting pots. All Hitec cored servo motors use incredibly strong Neodymium rare earth magnets, also known as “supermagnets”,.
Cheaper "MG"servoswith molded (compressed metal particles)alloy gears usually have a very light short lived hardening coat, not to mention the typical gear assembly of cheaper units, including some sold under rebadged "USABrand names", for example:
Review: Corona DS 538MG servo
Please refer to:
<dt>Servo - FAQ - Which servo to buy - Peak Servo Current Test Results.
Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - Why good MG Servo have a Plastic Primary 1st Gear
Servo - FAQ : Metal Gear Servos - DIY Repair & Extend MG Servo Gear Life
In the “servo world” you get what you pay for.

More information under sub Section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Refer also to the attached Hitec servo history chart,.

Alan T.

</dt>
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65436.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	1642754