Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

coupon rx's

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Brendan Lugo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: coupon rx's

The 7 channel receivers did not come in on Fridays shipment.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:44 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

Brendan, I hope and assume that you have nothing directly to do with that part of the business, so I am not stating this towards you, but I really think that is very poor customer service on the part of Hitec. It should be a simple concept, you sell X number of Tx, majority of buyers will buy 2 Rx, so we need XXX number of Rx within 6 weeks of March 31.

I know that I am bit bitter, but I know that I have stopped recommending Hitec mainly because of this issue. I will say good things about the radio, but I am not recommending the radio to my friends anymore.

Just my thoughts

Jon

Purchased my Aurora at the end of March
Old 05-13-2010, 05:13 PM
jauguston

I am getting the distinct impression that Hitec RCD management could give a S**T less about us. They got the money for their radios and that is ALL they careabout. I have been advocating for their new Aurura 9 system as the system to have but that stops as of today. No longer will I say good things about their products when they could care less about me as a customer. There is NO excuse for what they are doing!

I had many long time RV flyers warnme their stuff was substandard and generally not first class stuff. Now I am finding that is true of their management as well.

Jim
Old 05-13-2010, 05:57 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I currently have twenty one of the 7 channel's installed and flying in various airplanes with six still in box to go and for new additions. They are all paired with Eclipse' and Prism 7x's.

The experiance has convinced me to go ahead and just ordered an aurora this afternoon, the system is that good even with my old rickedty Prisms from the mid nineties.

You will probably never be a belever untill the telemetry downlink battery warning makes a save of your airplane for you which is exactly what happened with one of my pylon racers when I screwed up in charging that night and did not check. That is an eyeopener.

To forsake yourself of this sytem that I have been dreaming about since the sixties over some silly coupon screw up could be a big mistake. I have no doubt the pencil pushers will get it right sooner or later.

Just my opinion and no I am only just a consumer.

John
Old 05-13-2010, 07:15 PM
tvoth3

I'm at 6 weeks now and reefer's and auguston's experiences make me wonder how many more I'll have to wait. Perhaps HITEC could stop delivering units to resellers until they've met their obligation to those who've already bought their product. I'd also be fine with getting a couple of 9 channels as a replacement.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:33 PM
jauguston

John,

My issue is not with the Aurora 9 system. My problem is with the corporate geniuses at Hitec RCD that should have expected the sale of one Aurora 9 system to generate a request for two additional receivers. I can't recommend to a friend they purchase their products when they seem to be clueless dealing with the customers they have now.

A simple announcement here when the receivers will be shipped to the coupon holders would quiet a lot of complaint. Don't tell me a bunch of BS that they can'thonor time wise. If thereare production issues or other issues tell us. Just stop the double talk about "a shipment is coming soon"

Jim.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: Minnreefer

ORIGINAL: Brendan Lugo

Brendan, I hope and assume that you have nothing directly to do with that part of the business, so I am not stating this towards you, but I really think that is very poor customer service on the part of Hitec. It should be a simple concept, you sell X number of Tx, majority of buyers will buy 2 Rx, so we need XXX number of Rx within 6 weeks of March 31.

I know that I am bit bitter, but I know that I have stopped recommending Hitec mainly because of this issue. I will say good things about the radio, but I am not recommending the radio to my friends anymore.

Just my thoughts

Jon

Purchased my Aurora at the end of March
Thats a very simplistic view and if we were in a prefect world that may be plausable. Since there is only one or 2 production facilities for all the products, there are schedules as to what is being produced at a certain time and schedules as to being able to get all the components from the various manufacturers to produce the finished product. These facilities produce product for all Hitec's markets world wide. Now with the Aurora the demand for the radio exceded everyones expectations. We have changed production schedules to try to adjust and keep up with this demand but there is still going to be a "catch up" period and this is where we are currently. We have many radios and receivers on order but until the production can fill the pipeline we wait. It's not by choice and Hitec certainly is not holding anything back from it's customers.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:53 AM
jauguston

Brendan,

I know it is your job to try and make the best of a bad situation but if what you say is true about production schedules then you ARE holding back information as to when we will receive our receivers. The very schedules you allude to would tell you when they will be here. If not the Hitec RCD managers are not doing their job.

Jim
Old 05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Brendan Lugo

That does not tell me when they will be here, only when more are being made. From there they come over on the boat and then go to customs. We give you all the information that is passed on to us. If you still choose to believe there is some sort of conspiracy as to with holding this information then that is your choice and nothing I say will change that.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:38 PM
jauguston

Brendan,

Conspiracy is certainly not the term that comes to mind. Exceedingly poor communication from one end of the supply chain to the other indicates to me a poorly organized corporatestructure. It seems one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

This kindif thing is what can tarnish a otherwise good company that seemingly can not keep its promises.

Jim
Old 05-19-2010, 12:48 AM
Riterudder
My Feedback: (7)

Well any coming in this week? And how do they ship them. USPS UPS? Will they send me an e mail to let me know? THANKS
Old 05-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Brendan Lugo

No info at this time...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:23 AM
Riterudder

That blows.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:27 PM
tvoth3

Any chance you all could contact those whose coupons you have but have not yet fufilled? I'd like to know if you actually got mine or if it's lost in the mail. I think you have emails on the coupons.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
Riterudder

Hope they come in this week.I have off and would like to get my planes changed over.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Brendan Lugo

ORIGINAL: tvoth3

Any chance you all could contact those whose coupons you have but have not yet fufilled? I'd like to know if you actually got mine or if it's lost in the mail. I think you have emails on the coupons.

You can always call into customer service and they can check to confirm that your coupon was received and that a order is in the system for the coupon receivers.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM
jauguston

I called. I am on the list. The next shipment that may or may not have receivers is expected the end of the month.

Jim
Old 05-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Riterudder

Well,any in this week?
Old 05-26-2010, 07:51 PM
jauguston

Sure seems strange that we wait two months and no receivers yet I called Horizon Hobbies two days ago and bought two.

Jim
Old 05-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Riterudder

I called and i am on the list. The man i talked to said more in this week and shipping next week. Would be nice to get them. But we all know we have heard this before.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Moretrim

I am also one of the ones waiting on my RX's. Only to sell them and get the 5 channel. I don't need that much of a RX.  They should be there some time next week I hope. It has been about five weeks now.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:12 PM
jauguston

Even if you don't need the extra two channels it might be nice to have the telemetry that is built in to the seven channel and nine channel receivers.

My transmitter tells me what my receiver voltage is and will warn me while I am flying if it gets below a voltage I set. I believe it will also warn me if I am getting close to going out of range. There is also a expansive data acquisition module coming some time this summer "They Say". With their history of not telling us the truth I am not really confident that module will ever happen.

Cheap insurance.

Jim
Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM
Moretrim

Thanks Jim for the info. I am new to RCU just joined tonight. I just dont use more than five channels yet. I do have it set to monitor my batt voltage on the batt on the plane. I thought that was cool. But there again you are right. I am wanting to get in to FPV and it would be needed for other options as well. Thanks again Jim.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Minnreefer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just called Hitec, and they said they won't get any more in for 2 more weeks. Very nice, they make an offer, buy before March 31 and you will get this great deal. LIES It would be nice if I could fully use my radio this summer, in Minnesota we only get about 2 weeks fo summer.

I would highly suggest that Hitec comes up with a way to make their customers happy.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Riterudder

It would be nice if I could fully use my radio this summer also. I have 2 planes waiting for them. I have been a hitec person all my flying days. Most of the people at my field use 2.4 for the last 2 years.I waited for Hitec to come out with a 2.4 and now i have it and can only fly one plane with it. If they have the 9 ch in i will take that. I would be willing to pay more for the 9 s. [:@]

My HS in town said it will be DEC 2010 till he gets them in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.