Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 programing problems

Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Tequesta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 programing problems

I just got the Hitec Optic 6 2.4 and when I went to program the second timer it does not take any of the changes. Timer 1 works fine but 2 is always 0. I go back to the programing mode and it shows the changes in the memory. Does the first timer need to run down first for the second to work?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Optic 6 programing problems

ORIGINAL: Tequesta I just got the Hitec Optic 6 2.4 and when I went to program the second timer it does not take any of the changes. Timer 1 works fine but 2 is always 0. I go back to the programing mode and it shows the changes in the memory. Does the first timer need to run down first for the second to work?
Optic 6 Timer Addendum:

Please refer to these instructions when setting up the timer functions in the Optic 6. Setting up the Optic's Two Timers -
Timer #1 is activated via the timer on/off button.
Timer #2 is activated only with the throttle stick. (Note: This timer is automatically activated and can be viewed at any time) -
Either timer can be set to count up or down
1. With the transmitter switched off, turn on your transmitter while pressing both of the two Edit keys (the two keys on the far left). The model select (M.SEL) menu will be displayed.
2. Press the Up or Down EDIT arrow key until you get into the Timer (TIME) menu (if you're already in the setup menus, you can just press the Up or Down arrow key to get here). You'll see a display with the word "TIME." The numbers 1 and 2 are shown; the small triangle indicates whether you are setting Timer 1 or Timer 2.
3. To change the number of minutes shown, press the + Increase and -Decrease Data keys until you see the amount you desire. You may select from 0 to 60 minutes. (Note: If “0” is selected the timer will count from zero until turned off.)
4. Press the Left or Right CURSOR key to get to the other timer setup menu. Repeat instruction 3 for the second timer if desired.
5. Press the Up or Down arrow keys to get to another setup menu, or switch power off.
6. Switch power back on. You can view either timer by pressing either DATA key. For Timer #1 Press the Right Cursor button to start the timer, press the Right Cursor button a second time to stop it, and press the Left Cursor button to reset the timer.
Be aware that Timer #2 is only activated by the throttle stick (or switch if it is used). You do not need to start Timer #2, it will always start automatically and can be viewed anytime prior to turning the radio off.
If you set timer 2 to 15 minutes it will count "up" to 15 and then let you know 10 seconds before you get there with a countdown. Be aware this timer is tied to the throttle stick and will only count when the throttle is advanced. The instructions are a little vague here and are due for a re-write which is coming soon.

Tutorial page 6

TIMER SETUP
Your Optic 6 system has two internal timers, plus a system timer to assist you in many ways.
Many times, it is wise to keep track of how long you have been in the air and to make sure you still have fuel left to make a safe landing. Other times, it’s good to know just how long you have been airborne while taking advantage of those summertime thermals that seem to be endless. Just remember that the timers provide a convenient method of reminding you when it may be time to land your aircraft. Programmable timer No. 1 provides a “count-down” style of timing from 60 minutes or less, down to a minimum set time of one (1) minute. You may start a timer at anytime during your flight as well as stop the timer function at anytime by pressing the Right cursor key once.
To stop the timer, press the Right cursor key again. You may reset the timer by pressing the Left cursor key. During the final 10 seconds of a timed sequence, the 6 Optic timer will provide an audio signal every second down to zero time. When the timer reaches the “zero mark”, the timer will return to the original start time pre-set by you.
Timer Number in the Optic 6 is a “count-up” timer that is set for a specific time up to a maximum time of 60 minutes and a minimum time of one minute. This timer is activated when you move the throttle stick upward above the idle setting of the throttle. It automatically stops when the throttle stick is returned to idle. This timer is useful for powerplane pilot who wishes to monitor his flight time by the fuel consumption of his model. During the final 20 seconds of Timer 2, an audio signal is given to you to let you know of the time expiring without causing you to look away from your aircraft. The timer will continue to move forward, keeping track of the time even after passing your preset stop time.
To set these timers, depress the UP and DOWN Edit keys at the same timer while also turning the transmitter power ON. Press the DOWN or UP Edit keys until you arrive at the TIME screen. You may select Timer 1 or Timer 2 by pressing one of the Cursor keys. Now, set the time you desire the timer to track for you in whole minutes only. When finished, simply turn the transmitter power OFF, and the next time the transmitter is turned ON again, the timers will be ready.
Meanwhile, the Optic 6 system timer runs at all times to keep track of the amount of time your Optic 6 transmitter has been in service with power ON. This is convenient for use when determining how much battery capacity may be remaining in the transmitter during a long day of flying. This system timer records only in whole minutes, and is displayed along side the voltage reading on the LCD display in the normal operating mode. To reset this timer to zero, simply press the CLEAR key once while in the normal flight mode.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Ig11167.pdf (385.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 03-27-2010, 06:55 AM
Tequesta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optic 6 programing problems

How sweet[sm=thumbup.gif]!! Thank you for the help. I did not get the addendum. Great radio