Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

which servo to get

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
atr42flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which servo to get

I have recently bought a pilot RC 50cc yak54. it is ready to fly except the other day i was in the shop setting it up and the rudder servo that came with the plane is jittery as all heck moving as much as a 1/4 inch to either side. the servo appears to work when moving the rudder but when centered it starts to jitter again. anyways its a power HD servo and it came with the plane. so i want to replace it with a hitec digital. any suggestions, i am trying to get into IMAC flying. also it has hitec 645mg's on all other surfaces should i replace those as well?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:33 AM
arobatx

Default RE: which servo to get

I would recommend hi-torque digital servos for IMAC flying, HiTec's are fine servos, I happen to prefer them in most applications. You'll benefit from the resolution, and dependability for competition flying, and their programmability is quite nice. The 645mg's, in my opinion, are better suited for some warbirds and other scale models that don't require speed and precision.

Edit*** crap, I keep accidently posting in the Manufacturer Direct Forum....sorry HiTec, one of these days I will catch on.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 AM
atr42flyer

thanks for the response, however i was looking for an actual model number of a hitec servo to get, they have a lot of options.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:39 AM
arobatx

I will let them reply with their own personal suggestions for you. My experience with Hitec, though excellent, has been limited to only the 645, 5955, and 7955. I no longer own any 645's, primarily due to the type of models I fly. The 5955 has been replaced with the 7955, and their price is VERY competitive as compared to other servos in its class. If you were to go with 7955's, you'll be fully equipped for moving up to larger planes in IMAC flying down the road, without having to buy all new equipment The 7955 certainly isn't necessary for the model in question, but if you are going to spend money, I'd spend money towards something that will be well suited in any model I might soon be moving up to, not something limited only to the airframe in question.