Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Resetting count down timer 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resetting count down timer 2

What is the correct way to reset my Aurora 9 Timer 2 to the countdown time I have preset at for example 6 min. I fly electric helis and often fly until the alarm sounds, land, replace the heli battery and fly again. I see no reason to turn the transmitter off so I don't. Pages 54-55 in the manual don't seem to address this. Is it somewhere else? I thought I posted this yesterday but must have screwed up.

I LOVE my Aurora 9!! Do you have a neck strap-balancer available.

Jim
Old 07-16-2010, 03:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Resetting count down timer 2

ORIGINAL: jauguston What is the correct way to reset my Aurora 9 Timer 2 to the countdown time I have preset at for example 6 min. I fly electric helis and often fly until the alarm sounds, land, replace the heli battery and fly again. I see no reason to turn the transmitter off so I don't. Pages 54-55 in the manual don't seem to address this. Is it somewhere else? I thought I posted this yesterday but must have screwed up. I LOVE my Aurora 9!! Do you have a neck strap-balancer available. Jim
What is your Aurora version number (Info screen) - Manual written at time of V1.03, there have been some changes as detailed under:
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}
examples -
Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07 Details, Observations, FAQ & Video update 14Jul10.
" Modified Functions (improved): - Timer Reset Method: Press & hold the Timer (1 or 2) screen for about 2 seconds which you want to reset."
earlier versions:
Aurora A9 - Countdown Timer does not switch/copy when changing models. <font size="1">Reset for each model, update pending.</font> (a)
Aurora A9 - Countdown Timer workaround (b)......... <font size="1">(Touch the timer while actived to reset).
</font>
Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model &amp; RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-16-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A.T.

I have 1.06. I have new in the box - don't know how to use a HPP-22. I read some of the update related information and am not so sureI am tech savy enough to do it. That warning that if I lost something my transmitter would never work again has me very uncertain about the whole thing.

When they talk about pressing the timer icon for 1-2 seconds to reset it what do they mean by reset. Do they mean reset to zero or reset to the preset countdown time?

Jim
Old 07-17-2010, 04:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jauguston A.T. I have 1.06. I have new in the box - don't know how to use a HPP-22. I read some of the update related information and am not so sureI am tech savy enough to do it. That warning that if I lost something my transmitter would never work again has me very uncertain about the whole thing. When they talk about pressing the timer icon for 1-2 seconds to reset it what do they mean by reset. Do they mean reset to zero or reset to the preset countdown time? Jim
Resets timer to preset countdown time.

The HPP-22 is really very simple to use,
1. Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install &amp; Use Instructions <font size="1">(with screenshots)</font>.
2. Sign into and watch video on use of HPP-22/upgrade
Aurora A9 - Helicopter Set Up -Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Review Tips and how-To Videos
Tip to avoid errors - Ensure you have freshly charged batteriesand do not disconnect during the upgrade process - time, short as shown on video,depends upon your internet speed.

regards
Alan.