RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/)
-   -   Aurora 9x Problems (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/hitec-multiplex-radios-ask-hitec-customer-service-53/11617303-aurora-9x-problems.html)

Ben Blest 05-17-2015 12:02 AM

Aurora 9x Problems

Hitec Aurora 9x problems
Hi, I.ve been searching alot online for answers and it seems that you guys know more than anyone. I wonder if I might ask you about a problem I have with the 9x,
I seem to be having battery issue, but I dont know if its battery or radio issue. When set on the battery percent display on the transmitter, the percentage seems to vary significantly, and 'bounce'. back and forth erratically every few seconds, even when freshly charged. It will jump from 80 to 60 to 70 to 80 to 65 and so on every few seconds, even when not flying. It does not gradually decrease, like you would expect. If the display is set to voltage, it seems to remain more steady and decrease gradually. This radio is only a year old, and has been doing this since I;ve had it. When I called Hitec, they just said to use the voltage display, and as long as it has 7 volts ok to fly. Not much real help at all from them. However, I have lost two planes to signal loss recently and don;t know what to do.
Have you ever encountered this issue, and what do you think it is? Is this a transmitter issue, battery, or? Do you recommend lipo for the radios? Thanks so much for your time.

rasfare 10-04-2016 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ben Blest (Post 12039569)
Hitec Aurora 9x problems
Hi, I.ve been searching alot online for answers and it seems that you guys know more than anyone. I wonder if I might ask you about a problem I have with the 9x,
I seem to be having battery issue, but I dont know if its battery or radio issue. When set on the battery percent display on the transmitter, the percentage seems to vary significantly, and 'bounce'. back and forth erratically every few seconds, even when freshly charged. It will jump from 80 to 60 to 70 to 80 to 65 and so on every few seconds, even when not flying. It does not gradually decrease, like you would expect. If the display is set to voltage, it seems to remain more steady and decrease gradually. This radio is only a year old, and has been doing this since I;ve had it. When I called Hitec, they just said to use the voltage display, and as long as it has 7 volts ok to fly. Not much real help at all from them. However, I have lost two planes to signal loss recently and don;t know what to do.
Have you ever encountered this issue, and what do you think it is? Is this a transmitter issue, battery, or? Do you recommend lipo for the radios? Thanks so much for your time.

I have exact this problem.. Any fix for this?

Gizmo-RCU 10-04-2016 04:20 PM

Return then to Hitec, They will no-doubt replace the board if they can't totally nail the problem? I had an A-9 that would loose the screen while in operation, still worked but scarey! They fixed me right up with new internals........

rasfare 10-05-2016 08:44 PM

ok, think i just might do that. thanks for the reply.

Gizmo-RCU 10-06-2016 06:13 AM

These are the little things that the average guy just can't fix........

Xpress 10-06-2016 03:12 PM

This particular issue is mainly caused by the battery, especially a new one. The signal strength does not actually degrade as voltage decreases, it is full power until the battery no longer contains enough voltage to keep the transmitter powered on.

A LiPo pack can extend run times and may help the issue if your original pack was never cycled correctly or is on its way out.