Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI Savage

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 11:27 PM
rayrod354

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI Savage

I have a question... Iam planning on buying a Savage Flux within the next few days... Just wondering what can I do to the suspension to keep it from lifting up? Ireally like the Savage but from everything I've seen, it has a tendency to lift up... Any suggestions?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: HPI Savage

take out all the pre-loads, and if that doesn't cut it get a wheelie bar.

I heard from my LHS the integy bar is decent if you install it upside down. 1st time I wish they didn't stop carrying integy [:@]
I find HPI's bar doesn't cut it. My trucks stopped by the bar like under 1% of the time its going up and flips.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:20 AM
CR500rider

There is nothing you can do to the suspension to stop it from doing wheelies, there is just too much power there. You could try loosening the slipper and giving it less throttle. Or get a nitro savage, that should cure the problem
Old 12-22-2010, 07:41 AM
Mule5292

Also try adding some weights to the front
Old 12-22-2010, 07:46 AM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

remove spacers and soften the rear shocks...hpi wheelie bar is poo, so look into an aftermarket wheelie bar that works....I have a traxxas bar on mine and it works great, just doesnt install traditionally.  flux on 6s will most likely force wheelies regardless if throttle is punched..lots of power.

Old 12-22-2010, 08:33 AM
ohiowoodsrider250r
My Feedback: (2)

yeah any BL monster truck will do that my e revo does to it'll pop up easy at half throttle...setting the clutch back alittle helps some...maybe gear it up just a bit . and set the punch a 5 ...or however the cc esc is . i thought the flux came with a big wheelie bar?
Old 12-22-2010, 09:25 AM
CR500rider

The savage comes with an almost useless wheelie bar. The truck almost flips over on its lid about the time the wheelie bar comes into play.
Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM
steed2-inactive

keep the spacers in, disassemble the shocks and install a piece of fuel tubing on the shock shaft between the piston and the bottom of the shock, this will lower the ride height, but more importantly, will limit the downward travel of the tires in revelance to the chassis. removing the spacers helps but the handling will still be horrible as there is no control over body roll sideways or backwards.

there is plenty of ways to make your savage handle how ever you want, just gotta figure it out, also the traxxas wheelie bar can completely eliminate wheelies, ever seen a flux light all four tires up on pavement but stay planted....its pretty awesome!-scott