Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

storing a nitro truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM
sharkattack99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default storing a nitro truck?

well iv been thinking about this for awhile now and iv decided to put my savage away for awhile, but i was wondering what you nitro guys do to your nitro savage before putting it to bed for long term? im not getting out of the hobby for good just for a little while just bought a new 2010 ford focus (well new used, lol) and thats were my money will be going for awhile, . and im just not into driving it as much lost the earge i guess. so any storing tips would be helpful so when i do go back and get the earge to drive it again, it will start right up.

Shark
Old 06-03-2011, 11:28 AM
sparky 25

Default RE: storing a nitro truck?

A good squirt of after run oil in the motor and empty the tank of fuel,

to keep the wheels from getting flat spots have the tires off the ground or else remove the wheels from the truck,

remove or unplug hump pack and batteries from transmitter,

thats all i can think of right now.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:33 AM
sharkattack99

do you clean the engine in side and out before you do the after run oil in there? what about shocks remove oil don't remove oil? disconnect the shocks at the lower arm so theres no stress on them or just leave them as is? thanks for the reply.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM
pauly187

you done have to remove the wheels from the truck if u can put the frame of the truck up on something so wheels are off the ground and you can let the suspension drop
or what u do is remove the whels and and use them to rest the truck on so suspension can hang

and of course use after run oil and unplug batteries
i would also give it a good cleaning
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't bother cleaning the inside of the engine
and agree with what others have said.
IF you cannot put it up on a box(or tires) I'd just take the shocks off
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM
hilifemt

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I left my truck sitting for 2 years straight, didn't do anything to it. took it out of the storage room about a month ago, and it started right up. It drove just like it did 2 years ago. the engine was still lubed nice and smooth. I use byrons gen 2. I've never used aro in my 7 years of nitro. the oil in the fuel with lube it just fine, imo. but it never hurts to take extra precautions