Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

So it has to be a flux...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So it has to be a flux...

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: t9dragon
I run 3s in my Flux with the stock battery trays with out any issues, I did flip the trays to make getting the batteries out easier.
Is yours an HP or a 2350?
Mine is the HP Flux....
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 AM
t9dragon

Here are a few pics of the mods I did to the battery boxes.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:48 AM
stoya789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wth is alll that goop? a little ca is plenty all u need. overkill much?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:42 PM
ejc34710

Looks like Gorilla Glue.....
Old 06-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like gorilla spit to me :P

But I'm not fussy how it looks, looks like a good mod.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: ejc34710

Looks like Gorilla Glue.....

Yep... A little Gorilla Glue and some fuel tubing...
Old 06-16-2011, 03:22 PM
aircruiser

this is funny because i just got my first nitro and i have been in the hobby for around 10 years. but i have been looking at selling almost everything but my savage X and 1/16th revo and getting a flux. they look like alot of fun i just love being able to maintain the power the truck starts with when warmed up and you can just keep dumping fuel into it when it gets low rather than having to wait an hour for batteries to charge.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
xerxes

softcases?[&:]
Old 06-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Foxy

Just home after the first run. Didn't even get to deplete the first set of batts, but still had a laugh til the dog walkers came. I could have gone to a better spot to start with, but I spent all day stripping and rebuilding (just as well, there were quite a few loose things) so I couldn't be bothered to go too far from the house. I tightened the slipper to full, changed the servo for one of [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/18448/n/Team-Associated-DS1313-High-Performance-Digital-Servo-w-Heatsink]these[/link] and installed a spektrum reciever so I could use my trusty old 3pk (12 years my main radio and still going strong).

Debunking some myths...

It is completely mad on 4s. You really need to be careful with the throttle or it's on it's lid in an instant.

You can pull standing backflips on 4S.

It still performs standing backflips on 'cheap' lipos. I picked up a couple of cheapass Ansmann 5000mAh 20c 2s packs to keep me going til the amain order arrives and the truck and powerplant still exceeded my expectations and then some.

Epic truck. As soon as I can get someone to come along and record some vid, I will.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:33 AM
Foxy

By the way, this brushless big power stuff is a real pain in the butt in one way...

Have you ever tried to tin #12 wire and then solder it a deans ultra peg? Not being funny but I'm a pretty good solderer, I've done surface mount stuff by hand on PC motherboards, but this was a whole new barrel of laughs. Talk about camel through the eye of a needle. I had to go buy a new soldering iron tip just to finish the job.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM
xerxes

it taks me 4evr 2 soldr on ec5 on 10ga wire.

40watt iron not enuff[&o]
Old 06-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: xerxes

it taks me 4evr 2 soldr on ec5 on 10ga wire.

40watt iron not enuff[&o]
I did it with a 15W soldering iron! :O

Not fun.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Freezetron

Yeah, thats only the real big tradeoff with Turnigy lipos, the wire gauge is just to damn thick, 12 guage is freaking plenty
Old 06-18-2011, 03:48 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

By the way, this brushless big power stuff is a real pain in the butt in one way...

Have you ever tried to tin #12 wire and then solder it a deans ultra peg? Not being funny but I'm a pretty good solderer, I've done surface mount stuff by hand on PC motherboards, but this was a whole new barrel of laughs. Talk about camel through the eye of a needle. I had to go buy a new soldering iron tip just to finish the job.
try 8awg on the 5200 30c's I went out and got a cheap 230 watt soldering iron just for turnigy batteries

But yea its insane on 4S dunno how the hell ppl pull 6S and keep it on all 4 wheels.
BTW the HPI wheelie bar won't help it(mine at least) will completely miss the bar 95% of the times.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:56 PM
JesseJames

Just home after the first run. Didn't even get to deplete the first set of batts, but still had a laugh til the dog walkers came. I could have gone to a better spot to start with, but I spent all day stripping and rebuilding (just as well, there were quite a few loose things) so I couldn't be bothered to go too far from the house. I tightened the slipper to full, changed the servo for one of [link=http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/61_100/products_id/18448/n/Team-Associated-DS1313-High-Performance-Digital-Servo-w-Heatsink]these[/link] and installed a spektrum reciever so I could use my trusty old 3pk (12 years my main radio and still going strong).

Debunking some myths...

It is completely mad on 4s. You really need to be careful with the throttle or it's on it's lid in an instant.

You can pull standing backflips on 4S.

It still performs standing backflips on 'cheap' lipos. I picked up a couple of cheapass Ansmann 5000mAh 20c 2s packs to keep me going til the amain order arrives and the truck and powerplant still exceeded my expectations and then some.

Epic truck. As soon as I can get someone to come along and record some vid, I will.
Did you end up getting the 2350 or HP?
Old 06-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Foxy

Old 06-18-2011, 04:25 PM
xerxes

150$ fer a mamba monster. o well i gess rite?

wel i did it. i fnally gota whol run in on dual 3s. aktually a run & a 1/2.

new esc kept its cool. motor nevr got ovr 135* & it was about 90* outside.

cool.

y did iget 1 & a 1/2 runs? front & rear diffs bolth shreddid internally.
codnt do standin bakflips forward or bakwerds.& wen i tryd 2 it pull heavily 2 1 side.

da frustration nevr stops.
got a few vids b4 it broke down agen. mayb il utube em latr
Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 PM
xerxes

wel ***!. get evrythn apart & dif is still intact.
y is it pulln hard 2 1 side & wont weely font or bak?????

anothr strippd wheel. dis was a brand new premountd warlok. 1.5 runs on it n its alredy strippd.

weel nut was breakr bar-d on wit red loktite. didnt loosen. jus stripppd. dat maiks 2 premounted wheels destroyd in 2 runs on 6s. 55$ down da drain in2 runs.

out of pocket 150 for da esc. & now 50$ fer brand new weels & perfict tread tires dis thing has prolly cost me about a 1000$ alredy

im beyond pissd.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Freezetron

Karma's a b1tch eh?
Old 06-18-2011, 06:29 PM
xerxes

karma 4?
Old 06-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Foxy

anothr strippd wheel. dis was a brand new premountd warlok. 1.5 runs on it n its alredy strippd.

weel nut was breakr bar-d on wit red loktite. didnt loosen. jus stripppd. dat maiks 2 premounted wheels destroyd in 2 runs on 6s. 55$ down da drain in2 runs.

out of pocket 150 for da esc. & now 50$ fer brand new weels & perfict tread tires dis thing has prolly cost me about a 1000$ alredy

im beyond pissd.
Dude, I gotta say, you run 6S and try to do standing backflips, you're going to strip wheel hexes everytime and have other problems too. 4S not enough for you???

In any case, regarding the wheel hexes, there's a very easy way to prevent this from happening. Watch this vid. If you want to skip straight to the strip-proof wheel mod, skip to 8:14. This will also let you 'fix' both your stripped wheels, so don't worry, you haven't wasted your money. Bear in mind though, once the wheels aren't stripping, the damage will move along the line to the next weakest point (probably something in the drivetrain). If you want to run on 6S, you will break and upgrade most of the truck before it becomes a truly solid platform. Stick with 4S if you don't want these frustrations. See my signature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pynm-2MAmc4
Old 06-19-2011, 08:53 AM
xerxes

im beyond pissd.
Dude, I gotta say, you run 6S and try to do standing backflips, you're going to strip wheel hexes everytime and have other problems too. 4S not enough for you???

In any case, regarding the wheel hexes, there's a very easy way to prevent this from happening. Watch this vid. If you want to skip straight to the strip-proof wheel mod, skip to 8:14. This will also let you 'fix' both your stripped wheels, so don't worry, you haven't wasted your money. Bear in mind though, once the wheels aren't stripping, the damage will move along the line to the next weakest point (probably something in the drivetrain). If you want to run on 6S, you will break and upgrade most of the truck before it becomes a truly solid platform. Stick with 4S if you don't want these frustrations. See my signature

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pynm-2MAmc4

da official hpi video showd how 2 do standn bakflips on 4s &6s. wel we all no u cant wifout strippn weels out
& i red ur sig. i pik all 3[:@]
Old 06-19-2011, 09:39 AM
SeaJay
My Feedback: (6)

Foxy,

I am not into cars (yet) but I am interested in getting one of those protech dual 10A chargers that you mentioned.. Once you get it, and use it a couple of times, it would be great if you would go into the Batteries + Chargers Forum and give us an opinion on it.. Pros, cons, does it balance the cells well, etc.

Thanks, Craig.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:10 AM
t9dragon

Foxy... I have been running 6s in my Flux for a year now and have yet to strip a wheel hex. I have broken close to a dozen right rear uprights on both 4s and 6s. I even wrapped the rear bevel gear running it on 4s.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Rcforme...

Foxy, prepare to be addicted to power... FOREVER! I know how power feels. I've got a 1/16 that's just as fast as a Flux on 4S. Yup! It does wheelies on any surface and is completely uncontrollable. Awesome! With a ramp that's only 3 feet long and 1 feet high, it can do 1.5 backflips! I don't use a wheelie bar, because it would be useless and would be wrecked in a matter of seconds. I know how that first pull on the trigger feels... Have fun with your Flux!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.