Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Flux HP vs 2350

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 12:16 AM
xerxes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flux HP vs 2350

ORIGINAL: Foxy

That question isn't really relevant to the topic, lay off him guys, if you spent any time on the WoW forums or 4chan, you'll be used to this writing style, it's not a reason to hate, despite the fact that you might find it annoying. It may not give the impression of genius level IQ, but last time I checked this hobby was not restricted to Steven Hawking types.

He has experiences with the truck which are valid. Maybe some of his problems were his fault, maybe not, it doesn't matter, all experience is relevant in a context.
dam man ur pretty cool 4 a mod. i cood show u about 13 personal messags frum anothr mod who keeps threatining me wit " administrativ action" if i dont sease & desist.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
xerxes

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Did you contact HPI / Castle about the problem and ask for a replacement or did you just decide to do nothing about it and biatch how much the Flux sucks?
sinse i cant find my recipt ders not much hpi can do xcept offer me a q base fer 99$ on an exchange basis 4 my smoldering blur. but a q base woodnt do me or my tork motor any good anyway.
i asssume castle wood b about da same. wich is undrstandable i guess.
so i guess its safe 2 say its my fault, evn tho stock gearing was used & it was within da escs limit of dual 3s 5000 mah 40c batt.

& heers da kickr. about 20min b4 it poppd n spewd out flames, it lost acceleration forward & reverse. wood only twitch till i movd it manually. den it took off violently n was absolutly insane on 6s.

o & p.s.

where did i say da hpi savage flux sux?
Old 06-15-2011, 12:56 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: xerxes

That question isn't really relevant to the topic, lay off him guys, if you spent any time on the WoW forums or 4chan, you'll be used to this writing style, it's not a reason to hate, despite the fact that you might find it annoying. It may not give the impression of genius level IQ, but last time I checked this hobby was not restricted to Steven Hawking types.

He has experiences with the truck which are valid. Maybe some of his problems were his fault, maybe not, it doesn't matter, all experience is relevant in a context.
dam man ur pretty cool 4 a mod. i cood show u about 13 personal messags frum anothr mod who keeps threatining me wit '' administrativ action'' if i dont sease & desist.
Thanks man, but you really should try to do better with your english. Mainly for your own good, because people will take you more seriously.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
CR500rider

He is typing this way because he knows it annoys us, and there is no way you can deny that! You should really stop enabling him! I have seen a few post from him where his typing is legible, so I know that he is capable of typing properly. And just because someone plays WOW or other online RPGs does not mean that they are "accustomed" to typing that way! Im pretty sure Freezetron plays online RPGs and he does not type like an idiot.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:41 PM
xerxes

name calling? is dis a personal attak on me? rite infront of a mod?
dats agenst da rcu rules, kid. u cant degrade anothr membr lyk dis
Old 06-15-2011, 06:48 PM
Cossey
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: xerxes

name calling? is dis a personal attak on me? rite infront of a mod?
dats agenst da rcu rules, kid. u cant degrade anothr membr lyk dis
Saying you type like an idiot is hardly a personal attack.

I take offense to every post you make, being that I have to begin to think below my intellectual level to understand your posts. Maybe you should be banned?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:04 PM
BKoz559
My Feedback: (3)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: BKoz559

I tried to research information to answer your question but I couldn't find anything absolute. So, in the end if you end up with a 2350 and eventually upgrade the brushless system leaving the stock 2350 Qbase system unused, does a Tekin RX8 system as the upgrade sound alluring? http://www.ckrccrawlers.com/tt2320-t...kv-p-3361.html

I've been reading up on this a bit and am considering dropping one into my Flux.
I had originally thought I would go for a truggy, and had looked at this ESC. It's power handling and spec seem top notch. Definitely an option.

I think what I'm going to do though, is hold out for an HP, and probably buy the RX8 and a really hot motor for the buggy.
[/quote]

Is this particular Tekin system not sufficient for Savage use? I realize it's labeled for truggies but, isn't the Flux more or less like a 1/8 truggy minus a wing? Anyway, you won't be disappointed with a HP. I can't think of a better all-around vehicle.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:42 PM
Foxy

The Tekin is huge overkill for the Savage (as is the MMM of course). Anything that's labelled for truggies is more than good enough for a MT. A racing 1/8th truggy is as much punishment as any RC car will ever be asked to take.

The route I'm taking in the end is this... Get 2350 this week, drive it as it is for a while. I'm sure 4s will be enough for me to start with. If/when I get tired of it, I'll pick up an xray 808e and put something properly mad in it.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:52 PM
Freezetron

No wonder the greek empire fell
Old 06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Foxy

Why, cos they were too busy playing with brushless toys?

(I'm British by the way )
Old 06-16-2011, 05:16 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tekin is huge overkill for the Savage (as is the MMM of course). Anything that's labelled for truggies is more than good enough for a MT. A racing 1/8th truggy is as much punishment as any RC car will ever be asked to take.

The route I'm taking in the end is this... Get 2350 this week, drive it as it is for a while. I'm sure 4s will be enough for me to start with. If/when I get tired of it, I'll pick up an xray 808e and put something properly mad in it.

4S ? wont that be way underpowered ? we run the Flux on 6S and it still struggles to keep with the nitro truggies...... We run the truggies on 5S and they barely can run with the Nitro truggies...A Flux is a super heavy machine, I would figure 4S would be quite underpowered no ? ....... We have a Losi 8B 2.0 on a Tekin RX8 on 4S and its quite slow compared to the nitro's, I couldn't imagine that setup trying to push a Flux......

Also why a 2350 ? we ran a 2200 in Truggy for a bit, but had issues with heat when trying to keep a race pace.....On 5S if we geared it to be as fast as the nitro's it would want to overheat...if we geared down it would run cooler, but then it lacked the speed needed...... We have now dropped to a 1850 ( I think ) and it runs much stronger and cooler.... This is in a 9lb Mugen 6T...in a heavy Flux wouldn't a 2350 cook ?
Old 06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
Foxy

2350 is the stock motor, and I hear it does get warm, but not too hot, and certainly not on 4S.

For speed runs 4S would be underpowered, but the Savage is a basher and for bashing, even the 4S is more than you need for crazy stuff. A well modded truggy engine might beat the top end, but probly not the torque, which is what you want for hill climbing, mudding, wheelies, standing backflips and crap.

As you may have read in the other thread, it turns out I'll get a 2350 which should not be run on any more than 4S, despite the fact that numerous videos show the speedo and motor handling 6S fine. I will only run 4S, it's a matter of durability, I'm going electric to reduce maintenance, not increase it, and for jumps and flips 4S is more than enough.

I plan to get a 1/8th buggy for a seriously nasty BL setup down the line. I think the Flux's 2350 transplanted into a buggy and run on 6S will be fine. As you noted, the Savage is a heavy truck, and that's why only 4S is recommended even though the speedo and probably the motor too can handle it fine, it would have got too hot on a Savy. In a buggy it will rip the place up on 6S and probably not break a sweat. 80mph or so with foam tires, a bit of luck and some gearing.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:31 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: CR500rider

He is typing this way because he knows it annoys us, and there is no way you can deny that! You should really stop enabling him! I have seen a few post from him where his typing is legible, so I know that he is capable of typing properly. And just because someone plays WOW or other online RPGs does not mean that they are ''accustomed'' to typing that way! Im pretty sure Freezetron plays online RPGs and he does not type like an idiot.
I've looked through his posting history and I can find no evidence that he's doing it on purpose. If you have such, then please pm me links and we'll discuss it amongst the mods. Til then, there is nothing in our rules that says a person must type in good english, or that those whose written language is at a lower level are not welcome on RCU. Nor should there be.

I need you guys to stop attacking him, cos that puts you at odds with us. Whether I agree that its irritating or not, RCU cannot suddenly start being the grammar police. Where would it end?

No further discussion of this matter in open forum please. By all means, if any of you has something they feel I should know, pm me. In the meantime, if his posts bother you all that much, feel free to make use of the forum's 'ignore' function, and you will no longer have to tolerate it.

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 AM
steed2-inactive

its funny...anyone with half a brain can read xerxes post fine. i just read through his post at pretty much the same speed i read proper grammer. some people fall short on certain skills , but thats no reason to attack him. if you cant understand his post, move on, how does making fun of someone for their grammer help them? (p.s. the human brain doesnt read every letter in a word, your eyes recognize certain letters together and automatically generates the word) If you cant understand his grammer 1. your lying or 2. your intelligence level is probably lower than the guy with the bad grammer.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:27 AM
supertib

For speed runs 4S would be underpowered, but the Savage is a basher and for bashing, even the 4S is more than you need for crazy stuff. A well modded truggy engine might beat the top end, but probly not the torque, which is what you want for hill climbing, mudding, wheelies, standing backflips and crap.

As you may have read in the other thread, it turns out I'll get a 2350 which should not be run on any more than 4S, despite the fact that numerous videos show the speedo and motor handling 6S fine. I will only run 4S, it's a matter of durability, I'm going electric to reduce maintenance, not increase it, and for jumps and flips 4S is more than enough.

I plan to get a 1/8th buggy for a seriously nasty BL setup down the line. I think the Flux's 2350 transplanted into a buggy and run on 6S will be fine. As you noted, the Savage is a heavy truck, and that's why only 4S is recommended even though the speedo and probably the motor too can handle it fine, it would have got too hot on a Savy. In a buggy it will rip the place up on 6S and probably not break a sweat. 80mph or so with foam tires, a bit of luck and some gearing.

wow...I didn't realize you could run such a big truck on 4S.....however I am by no means an expert on the BL setups....but what your saying makes sense...as on the 5S and 6S the 2200( may have been 2350) KV setup wanted to run very hot......but the 1800 runs super good on the 5S without heat issues .....I will have to ask what is in the Buggy, but i think its either a 2200 or 2350 on 4S....It runs good but has had quite a few issues with reliability...From what I have seen the unsensored Mamba/Castle systems seem to be faster and more reliable then the Tekin systems....Tho the Tekin does have a much nicer/more linear throttle feel, it has been problematic so far, the mamba system is cruder, but has been rock solid reliable and seems to be much more aggressive in the performance.........In the configuration the buggy is in for track duty the nitro's buggies are faster on top and of course the BL is a beast off the bottom.....I think the BL could be geared up a few teeth and smoke the nitro's on top, it just wouldn't be able to sustain that load in continuous usage without overheating.....Anyways I am wanting to put my DM-1 to BL but have no clue which way to go.....if 4S can push a Flux it can definitely push a DM-1, I truly had no idea we could run 4S packs in something so big...which isn't a bad thing as I already have several 4S packs I use in my starter boxxes........Oh and I hear you about reliability...and it makes very good sense.....I am just not too familiar with the BL setups and I didn't realize 4S would push a Flux very well.... But i guess the higher KV motor kind of compensates for the lower voltage ?
Old 06-16-2011, 08:58 AM
Foxy

ORIGINAL: supertib

wow...I didn't realize you could run such a big truck on 4S.....however I am by no means an expert on the BL setups....but what your saying makes sense...as on the 5S and 6S the 2200( may have been 2350) KV setup wanted to run very hot......but the 1800 runs super good on the 5S without heat issues .....I will have to ask what is in the Buggy, but i think its either a 2200 or 2350 on 4S....It runs good but has had quite a few issues with reliability...From what I have seen the unsensored Mamba/Castle systems seem to be faster and more reliable then the Tekin systems....Tho the Tekin does have a much nicer/more linear throttle feel, it has been problematic so far, the mamba system is cruder, but has been rock solid reliable and seems to be much more aggressive in the performance.........In the configuration the buggy is in for track duty the nitro's buggies are faster on top and of course the BL is a beast off the bottom.....I think the BL could be geared up a few teeth and smoke the nitro's on top, it just wouldn't be able to sustain that load in continuous usage without overheating.....Anyways I am wanting to put my DM-1 to BL but have no clue which way to go.....if 4S can push a Flux it can definitely push a DM-1, I truly had no idea we could run 4S packs in something so big...which isn't a bad thing as I already have several 4S packs I use in my starter boxxes........Oh and I hear you about reliability...and it makes very good sense.....I am just not too familiar with the BL setups and I didn't realize 4S would push a Flux very well.... But i guess the higher KV motor kind of compensates for the lower voltage ?
I expect you were right the first time and that you had a 2200 flux, whcihc is actually the more expensive and tehncially faster one (because its officially rated 6S safe, whereas the 2350 version is not). HPI makes two models, the Flux HP and the Flux 2350. The 2350 is the lower budget truck with a rebadged MMPro and a 2350 motor, as well as a weaker steering servo and crappy radio. While the motor turns more rpm per volt, here's the kicker. It's only rated for 4S. There are plenty of vids going about of it running on 6S, and no mention of electrical problems, however, running 6S on the 2350 is likely to damage your ESC and motor, according to HPI and Castle, and doing so will void the warranty. Let's not forget that the 2350's ESC is actually primarily a 1/10th ESC. The Flux HP has a better ESC (MMM) and lower Kv motor, but will absolutely handle 6S making it the faster truck. Also has a better servo and radio, but who cares.

The upshot of this is that on 4S the cheaper truck is actually a touch faster. So, like I say, there are 2 plans... plan 1 is to transplant the 2350 setup, speedo and all into an Xray 808e, run it on 6S and see what explodes first. Plan 2 is to keep the Flux on 4S, maybe cheekily run 6 occasionally, but not often, and get a new totally mad setup for the Xray. Either way, I got a Flux and a cheap ESC/Motor combo which I can later move.

This is a stock 2350 on 4S, looks plenty quick enough for me to start with http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gbbuYnyflI
Old 06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Freezetron

4S ? wont that be way underpowered ? we run the Flux on 6S and it still struggles to keep with the nitro truggies...... We run the truggies on 5S and they barely can run with the Nitro truggies...A Flux is a super heavy machine, I would figure 4S would be quite underpowered no ? ....... We have a Losi 8B 2.0 on a Tekin RX8 on 4S and its quite slow compared to the nitro's, I couldn't imagine that setup trying to push a Flux......

Also why a 2350 ? we ran a 2200 in Truggy for a bit, but had issues with heat when trying to keep a race pace.....On 5S if we geared it to be as fast as the nitro's it would want to overheat...if we geared down it would run cooler, but then it lacked the speed needed...... We have now dropped to a 1850 ( I think ) and it runs much stronger and cooler.... This is in a 9lb Mugen 6T...in a heavy Flux wouldn't a 2350 cook ?

Wha..wha ....what? 4S lipo in the Flux underpowered? I"ve had a Flux since they came out in 09 and i've NEVER heard anyone say that 4S was under powered for the Flux. As long as the lipos are capable of pushing out 150amps at a constant rate, the Flux moves with the grace and dignity of a pent up bat from hell. With 6s, its a whole nother ball game, like my first time with 6S even with XL conversion. Way to much power to be even controllable or fun in my opinion. Alot harder on the truck too, more parts break. What gets alot people in trouble/pissed off with brushless setups like the Flux is they put in the improper quality lipo that necassary to reliablly feed up to 300+ amps of power to the ESC and motor at times. Well, we've all see the results when the lipo's are not capable of that, puffed lipos, smoked ESC and empty wallets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_h51gIrbg[/youtube]
Old 06-16-2011, 10:19 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: Freezetron

Wha..wha ....what? 4S lipo in the Flux underpowered? I''ve had a Flux since they came out in 09 and i've NEVER heard anyone say that 4S was under powered for the Flux. As long as the lipos are capable of pushing out 150amps at a constant rate, the Flux moves with the grace and dignity of a pent up bat from hell. With 6s, its a whole nother ball game, like my first time with 6S even with XL conversion. Way to much power to be even controllable or fun in my opinion. Alot harder on the truck too, more parts break. What gets alot people in trouble/pissed off with brushless setups like the Flux is they put in the improper quality lipo that necassary to reliablly feed up to 300+ amps of power to the ESC and motor at times. Well, we've all see the results when the lipo's are not capable of that, puffed lipos, smoked ESC and empty wallets.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FH_h51gIrbg[/youtube]

just was basing it off the 4S buggies my boys have running.... in the buggy the 4S seems really tame and driveable....a Buggy is a very light machine and the 4S setup was nothing crazy in it, my nitro .21's are faster.....so I figured a Flux being heavier would be underpowered...but as i say, I am not a expert on BL setups...the 4S video posted by Foxy looks much more impressive then I would have expected...
Old 06-16-2011, 10:52 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

4s is hard to handle in my brushless Monster GT. Very hard to run full throttle much without flipping it onto its back. Acceleration is pretty much violent if you are in the throttle hard. For general bashing, i keep the throttle limit turned down to only about 60% on it so that its much more controllable to drive. I just got a new radio so im going to turn the ESC back up and use the EPA to adjust maximum throttle throw.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:39 AM
JUCD VPR

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you've come to join the Dark Side! Your going to freaking LOVE the FLUX!!!!!!!!! I have the FLUX HP converted to XL and run 6S all the time, I no longer run 2S because it simply bores me. Ahh it's so awesome! I used to be ALL Nitro, then I found 1/5 scale gas (which I liked better but they are bigger and can not bash as well as a 1/8 IMO). ...THEN came the FLUX HP and it was all over as I no longer have any desire to drive a Nitro, I mean every once in a while it's fun but it's literally a pain in the butt and consumes to much time. It's plug and play with Electric and it's faster hands down so it was a no brainer for me. If I want to hear a Vrooom Vroom I go crank up my real Muscle Car , plus electric is all clean so I can throw the trucks anywhere in my car and not worry about getting fuel spilled or dripping out of the exhaust pipe...Nitro and gassers are still cool in my opinion but electric is so easy and lets face it most of us are busy professionals and don;t have a ton of spare time,..at least I don't so electric fits my needs perfect.

However I want my 1/5th scale FG MT back, i freaking loved that massive truck!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Foxy

I think you're right. I'll never get rid of the FG MT though

I'm already planning my next brushless endeavours, a crazy buggy, shortly followed by a crazy HPI Cup Racer (I'll tell the LHS guy its to keep the gf entertained). I think a true-ten 70s mini cooper doing 60mph+ is worth seeing
Old 06-16-2011, 12:58 PM
stoya789

who spends time on 4chan? do you live in your parents basement or something?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Foxy

I guess you're talking to me. I don't even know what's on 4chan except the funny copy and pastes you sometimes see going around (none repeatable here of course). What's more I don't even live in the same COUNTRY with my parents, but I don't see why that's relevant either? Am I missing something?
Old 06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
stoya789

alright i confess, i browse it every now and then. but keep you know what on the downlow (rule 1) what happens there stays there.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Croozer
My Feedback: (1)

What does 4chan have to do with this thread?

Anyway, it seems that the wheelie bar on the Flux is useless in a good way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.