Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Nitro Star 3.0 engine question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 PM
flameash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Star 3.0 engine question

Hello, my brother just got a HPI Bullet 3.0 ST from Tower Hobbies few days ago. While doing a brake-in process we accidently went way past recommended settings on HSP and kept on running the truck for an hour or so and then went home (I'm relatively new to a hobby and it's not the first nitro truck but I never made such a mistake before). Later that day I was going over manual one more time and realized the mistake we made. Two days later we were trying to start the truck but it would not keep running. We tried everything that the manual suggested, went to stock settings, checked air filter, fuel lines and fuel tank for air leaks, trying different glow plugs, fuel, etc. Sometimes it starts but engines goes to higher rpms and wheels start turning fast sometimes it won't start at all. I checked the threads on needle itself and carburetor to the best of my ability and couldn't find anything wrong, at least visually. I've been working on this problem for 2 days now. I don't know what my next step should be. Do I need a new needle? new carb? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks