Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Spring Project

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 PM
latebloomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Project

I recently brought back my HPI Savage .25 from Calgary to Edmonton, where I had it stored since 2010 or before. I didn't have any after run oil & can't remember what I used as an alternative when I packed it up. I was thinking of going to Hobby Wholesale this weekend & picking up after run oil to put in the engine, just to be on the safe side while waiting for the snow to melt. I just had a look at my savage & was happy to see the tires hadn't developed flat spots, but I figured a good place to start would be new fuel tubing, maybe a glow plug etc. The one thing I will need to do is retune the engine. I had a guy from Modelland in Calgary tuned my engine except I panicked when I was running it at home, & didn't "readjust" the idle screw but either the high or low speed needle by accident. I've been watching a few videos about engine tuning, plus downloading manuals from hpi for my own benefit so far. The photo I added isn't my truck. I wanted to let everybody see the truck, rather than just describing it.

Thanks