Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

Hot Bodies UFO wheel / Psycho tires.. what surfaces are they good for?

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Hot Bodies UFO wheel / Psycho tires.. what surfaces are they good for?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 12:56 PM
03 DSG Snake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot Bodies UFO wheel / Psycho tires.. what surfaces are they good for?

I ordered a set off of eBay about 6months ago while waiting to get my Savage back together.
They've only been on the truck while its been on the work bench.

Just took my truck out for the first time in 6 months the other day and had a blast. I am going bashing again after work this afternoon. I was thinking of trying these tires out for the first time.

What surfaces are these tires good for? I was thinking of keeping them for onroad use only, but if theyd grip offroad that would be fine.

I figured with the extra weight Id be a bit slower but with the diameter theyd be good for top speed on road.

Also, with my S-25 I'm sure they wont seem too detrimental.

Or should I sell them an get some ProLine 40series tires/wheels?
Old 02-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Savage_Dias

Default RE: Hot Bodies UFO wheel / Psycho tires.. what surfaces are they good for?

Keep em'! They're a blast to drive but remember they drastically change how easily throttle & brake affect your attitude when jumping. I run mine on & off road but I prefer them offroad since they grab a little too well on asphalt. They're a lot of fun on packed snow too! lol
Old 02-07-2004, 12:39 AM
otterball21
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Hot Bodies UFO wheel / Psycho tires.. what surfaces are they good for?

be careful in jumping.. one of my wheels wobble cause one of the jumps some how affect how the wheel's turn now.. which makes me mad... but what can you do...