Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

help me hop up my savage!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:15 AM
jwan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me hop up my savage!

I've got a Savage 21 which I'm looking to hop up. I've already got a GPM air filter and tuned pipe and a Nova cooling head and engine mount on the way. I got the Japanese version of the 21 RTR so I've already got a non-stock radio (JR XS3 and Futaba high torque steering servo).

I've got a titanium disk brake, but need new callipers for it. The carbon fibre ones I had originally didn't last long... at all. Need suggestions.

Also looking for new wheels which won't strip and tires, preferably (but doesn't have to be) bead lock rims so I don't have to mess with glue. I'm a bit worried about taking a performance hit however, since the engine is only a 21.

Finally, I'm looking at toughening up the tranny. my stock drive cups are getting pretty chewed... a good excuse to get something new =). Are MIP titanium CVD's worth the money? Or just go HD duty dog bones and cups??? Any other options?

Please let me know of what you think and any personal experiences. If you can I would appreciate it if you would also tell me why something is good or bad, not just simply it sucks or its good. Money is tight and this stuff doesn't come cheap (especially down here is Australia) so I want to make informed decisions...

Thanks
Old 04-12-2004, 01:22 AM
vizaracer

Default RE: help me hop up my savage!

get the HD dogdones and cups. i like the dual disk brakes from HPI. i like the proline 40's for tires.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:23 AM
DKD

Default RE: help me hop up my savage!

i would go with vizaracer they are wot my first hop ups are going to be.