Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

INTEGY RESEVOR SHOCKS?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 12:48 AM
aerotow1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INTEGY RESEVOR SHOCKS?

Has anybody tried these out? I just bought a set and put them on they seem to work ok but I really don't have much to judge them too. I bought a new SS and it was my first truck. I have been around alot of airplanes for alot of years but I thought I would try out a truck. The stock shocks leaked and just seemed to be a lesser quality than I wanted. What is your oppinion of the Integy shocks. I think they look cool and work ok but I dont get the deal about only using 20 - 25 oil. Should I use the One hole piston if I want it stiffer?

Thanks
Old 05-25-2004, 03:52 AM
matster

Default RE: INTEGY RESEVOR SHOCKS?

You could use some thicker oil, but the ally shocks don't 'give' as much as the stock ones, and therefore are more likely to bend.
Are they the 'new' shocks from Integy?? (same thickness shaft as the stockers?)
The resevoirs do work, but not how they are supposed to. They just ain't big enough.

I don't wish to be the bearer of bad news, but if you have the old style shocks they will bend very easily.

I would bet the stock shocks leaked where they were taken off the parts tree?????
Old 05-25-2004, 01:17 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

a lot of people didnt like the m cux they bend easily but u can get the stock shock shafts and put them in there just keep the shafts as ur spare
Old 05-26-2004, 03:04 PM
z style

where can i get a new pair of those shocks ive been looking into them and thinking about buying some because the ss stock shocks jsut dont seem to be the greatest out there for bashing. btw are these like some of the best shocks out there for the price atleast or what not?
Old 05-27-2004, 07:35 PM
aerotow1

Soooooooo how do I tell the difference between the shocks. I don't know if I have the new style or old style. And Yes the stock shocks leaked where they were removed from the tree. I would have settled for some aluminum shock bodies and that would have taken care of the problem

Thanks

Dan
Old 05-28-2004, 03:57 AM
matster

ORIGINAL: aerotow1

Soooooooo how do I tell the difference between the shocks. I don't know if I have the new style or old style. And Yes the stock shocks leaked where they were removed from the tree. I would have settled for some aluminum shock bodies and that would have taken care of the problem

Thanks

Dan
On the new version, the shafts are the same thickness as the stock shafts, the old ones are thinner.