Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

PICS OF YOUR SAVAGES !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 12:54 AM
MiamizFinest

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PICS OF YOUR SAVAGES !!

ORIGINAL: rcnitrohead

So this monday morning we got a crap load of snow. After shoveling the driveway/sidewalk/yard I built myself a 3ft tall snow ramp. Here are the results!
I think your body has a small ding it in
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 AM
ilikestuff_2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

savage flux XL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54498.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	1149989  
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Savage Nut

Here's a pic with my new Hummer Body

Name:	Kh17751.jpg
Size:	122.6 KB
ID:	1150682   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65251.jpg
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1150683   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dj11663.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1150684  
Old 03-06-2009, 02:56 PM
mckkilmer

Here is my FLM brushless savage

Name:	Sq46092.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1151560   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52090.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	1151561  
Old 03-06-2009, 11:39 PM
twomanytoys

Savage nut,

What tires are on your truck.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:58 PM
usmc_VTOL_mech

twomanytoys
I do believe those are LST/LST2 tires
Old 03-07-2009, 12:06 AM
twomanytoys

Nope. Not LST tires. I have an LST and they are very similar but not the same. LST2 tires are way different.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:39 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Those are the later Aftershock Losi Claws.

So he is partially correct, they are very similar to the old Losi Claws that came on the LST1.
Old 03-07-2009, 01:27 AM
usmc_VTOL_mech

My bad....you're right...the LST2 tires are way different.....I have a set of LST tires and they are close but not exactly the same....
Now you got me wondering?
Old 03-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Savage Nut

Losi Claws I bought them off Ebay and I think they came off a Aftershock
Old 03-07-2009, 09:40 AM
BudBud

Nice looking truck and those are the newer style claws, they seem to be softer, have more bite and I suspect will wear faster. I have a set of both. The old ones were solid in the lugs where the new ones just outline the lug.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:12 AM
junville

how does claw tires hold up once they are airborne? Do they balloon up?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 AM
twomanytoys

Ok thanks guys. I thought they looked like losi tires but had a slightly different lug. I just was not sure.

Glen since you have both sets how much lighter are these over the solid lug?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
BudBud

Not noticeable, they are much softer though! They also balloon up easier. Made my X look like it was drunk... with all the sidewall flex...
Old 03-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Jem93

My complaint about BudBud

While no statement I'm about to make should be construed as suggesting or recommending that any person commit an illegal act of any kind, you should realize that BudBud engages in pietistic babble that nauseates even some of my more religious friends. Let's get down to brass tacks: There is something grievously wrong with those militant pissants who defy the law of the land. Shame on the lot of them! In general, I didn't want to talk about this. I really didn't. But BudBud's bromides have kept us separated for too long from the love, contributions, and challenges of our brothers and sisters in this wonderful adventure we share together life! BudBud wants all of us to believe that everything it says is entirely and absolutely true. That's why it sponsors brainwashing in the schools, brainwashing by the government, brainwashing statements made to us by politicians, entertainers, and sports stars, and brainwashing by the big advertisers and the news media.

If BudBud is going to talk about higher standards, then it needs to live by those higher standards. I believe I have finally figured out what makes organizations like BudBud take us over the edge of the abyss of nonrepresentationalism. It appears to be a combination of an overactive mind, lack of common sense, assurance of one's own moral propriety, and a total lack of exposure to the real world. BudBud is bad enough when it's alone, but it is even worse when it's joined by dirty nutters. Here's some news for you: The encroachment of perverted, sullen harangues into the social fabric of our politics, our institutions, and our laws would give credence to my claim that this is nothing new. Interesting, isn't it? What you may find even more interesting is that the pen is a powerful tool. Why don't we use that tool to stop this insanity?

I have a tendency to report the more sensational things that BudBud is up to, the more shocking things, things like how it wants to fuel inquisitions. And I realize the difficulty that the average person has in coming to grips with that, but it has the nerve to call those of us who summon up the courage to punish those who lie or connive at half-truths "conspiracy theorists". No, we're "conspiracy revealers" because we reveal that BudBud does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when it says that it's okay if its activities initially cause our quality of life to degrade because "sometime", "someone" will do "something" "somehow" to counteract that trend, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Much of BudBud's behavior is not rationally calculated to be of benefit to the anti-democratic batty-types whom BudBud claims to be trying to help. Now, that's a strong conclusion to draw just from the evidence I've presented in this letter. So let me corroborate it by saying that when a mistake is made, the smart thing to do is to admit it and reverse course. That takes real courage. The way that BudBud stubbornly refuses to own up to its mistakes serves only to convince me that it's a pity that two thousand years after Christ, the voices of wily warped-types like it can still be heard, worse still that they're listened to, and worst of all that anyone believes them. Be always mindful that I do not have the time, in one sitting, to go into the long answer as to why as long as I live and breathe, I will strive to purge the darkness from BudBud's heart. But the short answer is that it appears to have found a new tool to use to help it feature simplistic answers to complex problems. That tool is denominationalism, and if you watch it wield it, you'll unmistakably see why its apologists consider its belief systems a breath of fresh air. I, however, find them more like the fetid odor of alarmism. Perhaps BudBud has never had to take a stand and fight for something as critical as our right to call for proper disciplinary action against it and its legates. But its occasional demonstrations of benevolence are not genuine. Nor are BudBud's promises. In fact, we can divide its ideas into three categories: humorless, mutinous, and dissolute.

In hearing about BudBud's principles, one gets the distinct impression that BudBud and its buddies are yellow-bellied dips. This is not set down in complaint against them, but merely as analysis. I've heard BudBud say that it is a model organization. Was that just a slip of the lip or is BudBud secretly trying to introduce changes without testing them first? Apparently, even know-it-all BudBud doesn't know the answer to that one. It wouldn't matter much if it did, given that it has been said that its subordinates get so hypnotized by its simplistic "good guys and bad guys" approach to history that they do not hear what BudBud is really saying. I believe that to be true. I also believe that if you are not smart enough to realize this, then you become the victim of your own ignorance.

Now, I'm going to be honest here. If the only way to delegitimize BudBud is for me to choke to death, then so be it. It would certainly be worth it because it is more than a purely historical question to ask, "How did its reign of terror start?" or even the more urgent question, "How might it end?". No, we must ask, "Why is it that 99 times out of 100, what it considers a fair shake, the rest of us consider a repressive, humiliating, culture-stripping experience?" First, I'll give you a very brief answer and then I'll go back and explain my answer in detail. As for the brief answer, it makes assertions that strain credulity. I'll probably devote a separate letter to that topic alone, but for now, I'll simply summarize by stating that I'm not very conversant with BudBud's background. To be quite frank, I don't care to be. I already know enough to state with confidence that the gloss that BudBud's allies put on BudBud's opinions unfortunately does little to arraign it at the tribunal of public opinion. BudBud's compeers get a thrill out of protesting. They have no idea what causes they're fighting for or against. For them, going down to the local protest, carrying a sign, hanging out with BudBud, and meeting some other twisted politicos is merely a social event. They're not even aware that if BudBud continues to alter, rewrite, or ignore past events to make them consistent with its current "reality", I will decidedly be obliged to do something about it. And you know me: I never neglect my obligations. I have a message for BudBud. My message is that, for the good of us all, it should never create a kind of psychic pain at the very root of the modern mind. It should never even try to do such a resentful thing. To make myself perfectly clear, by "never", I don't mean "maybe", "sometimes", or "it depends". I mean only that I recently informed BudBud that its vicegerents scorn and abjure reason. BudBud said it'd "look further into the matter." Well, not too much further; after all, if it wants to complain, it should have an argument. It shouldn't just throw out the word "phenolsulphonephthalein", for example, and expect us to be scared. Thus, in summing up, we can establish the following: 1) BudBud makes it its job to insult my intelligence, and 2) its assertion that its mistakes are always someone else's fault serves only to illustrate its ignorance and poorly hidden bigotry.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:23 PM
wingedwheel-0420
Banned

^***^ i couldnt even bring myself to read all that babble,whats your point?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:25 PM
INTEGRA

WHAT ? [sm=confused.gif]
Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 PM
coolink13
My Feedback: (3)

Shelf Queen or not. I give the purple savage a 10 as well. Nice Job.!!!!! I will post some pics of mine. See what You Guys think? It has The mid tank conversion Fastlane Tvps Regular length. savage XL front and rear Diffs. Wasp .28 Engine. Have not Run Engine in this Truck yet. swapped it from Lightning. Custom Radio and battery box. Fast lane Arms. I think I may have integy arms as well. I will be switching those at some point. Savage XL Dog bones , Rpm trans guard and fastlane wheelie bar. Airtronics 200 oz steering servo. Custom installed Lst aluminum shocks. Some things I'm sure I'm forgetting. I will be running in the spring Very soon. I have XTM 17mm wheels on the way. I should add this was a savage 21 in the beginning of its life. I will post Pics this week. Great Thread Idea!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:04 PM
SAVAGEJIM

I just wanted to update some pics of my twin engine Savage, at least in its current incarnation. I installed two Dubro tanks, one for each engine, each tank capable of more than 300ml. The one on the far right is a pic of before a ruined the original 220ml tanks. See this vid, towards the end, you can see the holes punched into the tanks.)
http://www.rcuvideos.com/video/Savag...ught-in-spurcb

The shell sucks, I have no shells left except for this one beat-up sad blue thing (I shredded all my other shells bashing them to hell and back.)

Name:	Sq47995.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1158713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83590.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1158714   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63341.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1158715  
Old 03-15-2009, 11:53 PM
fabrimacator21

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That thing is sick. Although the tank placement might not be the best.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:37 AM
usmc_VTOL_mech

savageJim
man I love the twin savages
I want to build one out of my current roller but cannot find a decant motor plate for it
What did you end up using?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:47 AM
osuwins

now thats a savage JIM, love to see some vid of it haulin @$$
Old 03-16-2009, 10:10 AM
pythonfan
My Feedback: (1)

i might be wrong but in a much earlier post in another thread long long ago he mentioned he used hot bodies kit.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:32 AM
piqsys

Mi Custom savage

Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 AM
bigwaltc

That's a very pretty Truck. Do you let it go outside? or is it a house Truck?[sm=shades_smile.gif]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.