Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage 25 upgrade hell, HELP URGENT!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2004, 08:08 PM
ch2s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage 25 upgrade hell, HELP URGENT!

Well my steerign servo broke so I got a new one, a Hitec HS 645MG only to find its "shaft" is too small and the HPI servo saver just slipps freely.

Not only that, but I got an Ofna Servo saver and the holes are too big for the screws.

I now have a useless paper weight after buying $300 of accessories I thought would make it work again.

Please let me know how to make all this junk fit togheter because I work 14 hours a day now and this is my only free time I have to fix it since 2 weeks and it seems my free time will just be lost because nothing fits.

PLEASE HELP ME

Thanks
Old 07-23-2004, 08:10 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Savage 25 upgrade hell, HELP URGENT!

you need to put on the hitec servo adapters on.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:19 PM
ch2s

I dont have any
Old 07-23-2004, 10:27 PM
rdmonster

Your hitec servo should have come with a package of adapters to fit several sizes of servo savers.You may need to upgrade servo savers such as a high strength one from kimbrough to handle the extra torque.When I switched to hitec5645 it popped the stock servo saver apart.My package from hitec had several adapters in it and come to think of it the savage parts kit also came with some adapters as well.They go inside the saver to make the splined hole a little smaller. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:33 PM
ch2s

I only see servo horns and other woerd parts in my servo box, but i dont see any adapters. Anyway I found the adapter for the HPI servo saver and will forget about the stupid ofna that needs ons of new screws, anyway, the screw that came with the servo is too small to hold the top part of the HPI servo saver on so the top just falls off, why is it so complicated just to replace a damn servo???
Old 07-23-2004, 10:47 PM
speed lives
My Feedback: (1)

Its simple i can do it in like 10 seconds. And all HS 645MG come with adapters, Look for it again there very tiny round things that are atached to a plastic thing you gotta pull apart kinda like model car parts.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:13 PM
ch2s

This is all I got with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk28134.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	156694  
Old 07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
MrSavage

you can make it work, i made mine work with a few nuts and bolts from home depot.
Old 07-24-2004, 12:51 PM
Savage_Dias

Did you get any with your Savage? It's been so long since I got mine that I can't remember if it came with one. As for the servo saver slipping off, slip a washer on the screw.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:58 PM
Savage-Norway

just buy a new servo horn (alu)
Old 07-24-2004, 02:38 PM
ch2s

Thats easy for you to say, but I work from 8 am to 12 am each day except for the next 2 following weekes where I end at 5 pm, and it would take at least 1-2 weeks to order a part. I need it working now.

And screw that stupid ofna junk, Ill use the stock servo saver (just found the adapter), which obviously also doesnt work on my new servo because the screws to small.

I guess Ill have to get get a washer.

Why the hell is it so ****ing complicated just to change a servo? I expected I could just replace the old one with the new one but obisouly not. Why didny anyone tell me I need a trillion other screws just to make a different servo fit?
Old 07-24-2004, 03:18 PM
Savage-Norway

the thing you experienced also happened to me when i got my 645 mg. the head on the servos are nylon so if the screws don't fit they still go into the servo. but the 645 has a metal head so you need the original screw that came with it. Another thing you can do is to remove three of the pins on the red servo horn that came with the servo and use that one. But follow my advise on this. Do NOT use the stock servo saver. I first had a strong hitec servo with nylon gears after three tanks i broke it, and i didn't even bash hard. So i went to my LHS to buy a new servo and he recommended the 645mg, i bought it. Guess what, the second day i had a awesome 19 feet jump but the truck turned a little sideways in the air, and BANG a hard landing ****ing up my brand new servo. I went back to my LHS, luckily he gave me a new one for free but i at the same time bought a new servo saver from ofna. After that i have had huge jumps and nothing has happened. The stock servo saver also only work it the wheels are straight, not turned. The ofna works the whole way around.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:06 PM
ch2s

Well I got a washer and the stock servo saver works, but I never made big jumps, or any jumps at all actually, so I'll use that one and be careful until I figure out ofr to ****ing get that ofna saver to fit.

What screws did you have to get? The stock ones are way too small.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2004, 05:38 PM
Savage-Norway

i had some old ones at home, but i used a bolt with a nut at the end (works better