Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 08:03 PM
TJ31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

[:@] AAARRRGGHH!!! This is taking me forever to save up for an HPI Savage 25 !!!! So far I only have $265! (THANK GOODNESS I ATLEAST HAVE THAT MUCH)... I need like $600-$700 for what I need if I get the truck and accessories from my LHS! I don't know what to do! At this rate it will take me until Christmas to get one! What do I do????
Old 08-07-2004, 08:44 PM
sarpiparpi

Default RE: THIS SUCKS!!!!!!

1st of all u dont need anythin close 2 $600-700 u need about 450 get a jobor sumtn u dont need the hopups 1st ull get it l8 all u need is the truck some nitro glowplug battery for rotostart and 12 batteries o and yo dont u look at some used ones on ebay
Old 08-07-2004, 09:48 PM
TJ31

Uhhh actually I should know if it costs $600-$700 for a Savage 25 at my LHS, I live in Canada. I'm only 14, can't get a REAL job... Been painting/scraping crap load of fence, mowing sooooo many lawns to get my precious $265!!! I did that all summer so far and that's all I got! I'm not sure about buying off of ebay because of the very long shipping wait! and I don't trust sending that much money! I might buy one from ebay but yeah... Probably not.......... So my only real option is to get it from my LHS, plus that way I can get to know the people there and whenever I have a problem or something it will be easier to deal with (I already know a whole lot about Nitro R/C's but don't have one yet...)........................
Old 08-07-2004, 10:24 PM
TJ31

Oh well i guess I'll have to wait............
Old 08-08-2004, 07:39 AM
Twobeers

So, what are you bumping this post for. A single tear rolls down my cheek for you, boo hoo. I am now in my 40's. When I was 12yrs old I managed to save up $575 dollars to buy a new Fender Stratocaster guitar by cutting lawns, shoveling snow out of driveways, picking up empty pop & beer bottles (the deposit was only .02C back then). Quit whining & keep at it, you'll eventually get your Savage.
Old 08-08-2004, 07:48 AM
howienf

if you look at the info he is from canada. like me. the canadian dollar is different then the US dollar. it costs around $600 to purchase a stock savage rtr in canada. thats about right with teh exchange rate.....plus u need to buy fuel and batteries, and extra glow plug, roto start battery chargers etc etc etc.. $700 is what you will ATLEAST have to payt o get going in CAN dollars

Goodluck with your saving! its a worthy purchas!
Old 08-08-2004, 07:59 AM
quader98

hey twobeers go to the pub get two more beers and relax [8D],hey kid keep saving your money and dont buy a truck from ebay.parts yes truck NOOOOO.the wait might be long but its worth it
Old 08-08-2004, 11:24 AM
TJ31

Yeah... Thanks guys. I guess it's just a matter of saving and waiting... I should have it by Christmas haha! Oh well, at least it'll be worth it!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:39 PM
Wizz Kid

i spent 540$ for mine with no hop ups
Old 08-09-2004, 09:33 PM
TJ31

Maybe I'll just buy a Mini-T to satisfy myself....FOR NOW! Maybe I'll hopefully have a job eventually!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:17 AM
gutterpig

It's O.K. I'm 31 and it will be Christmas before I can save up enough too!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:14 AM
8000ft

tj31 i must say that i'm impressed.

when i was your age i tried saving up for something(i can't remember what it was now) but i do remember that when ever i got even some money saved i would spend it on something else.

KEEP IT UP, even at 38 with a good paying job i still have to "save" to get my stuff.

i have an idea.........why don't you suggest to your parents that you will loan them what ever money you have for their use and they in return can pay you back with interest,say like 25 cents on the dollar. i don't know if they'll go for it but it's worth a try.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:25 AM
bigwave
My Feedback: (3)

Buy used, I purchased two very nice Savages for under $600 from right here. I bought one brand new with everything but the radio for under three hundred bucks, it had never even been started. The only thing I needed was a TX the servos receiver, reverse mod, all was there. Keep an eye out, there are good deals to be had, just use some good common since when buying.

Kudo's to you for sticking with your purchase project.
Good Luck
Old 08-10-2004, 11:10 AM
TJ31

Yeah, thanks guys... Actually my decision is down to Savage 25 (I know my LHS has that.), XTM X-Cellerator (Not sure if my LHS has it.), or I can just buy a Mini-T (I know my LHS has that too.).... But I think if my LHS has the XTM, I'll probably buy that because it will be cheaper and it SHOULD be just as fun a Savage... So I guess I should probably go down to my LHS and check it out. I think the Savage 25 would be around $600 just for the RTR kit. And the XTM X-Cellerator should be about $300-$400 IF they have it there (I hope they do!). I should have $280 by Friday so yeah............... Thanks.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:21 AM
Kysi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

go savage screw the minit and the xtm. savage all the way!!!

you could always become a gigolo j/k!

i remember when i was poor, then i got a 777, and im poor again
Old 08-11-2004, 08:43 AM
sarpiparpi

would it be cheaper if u got it from towerhobbies and patience
Old 08-11-2004, 06:09 PM
SS Nitro
My Feedback: (-1)

Go to savage-central.com and go to buy/sell/trade and see if anyone has a savage for $275