Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

how long does savage motor last?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Mr.Pathfinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long does savage motor last?

hello
i was just wondering if anyone knew how long an average motor would last in a savage the truck i am thinking about getting is the savage ss it has the .25 motor if i get this truck with this combo should i be worried about anything? k thanks for all the help? oh yeah and what fuel to run. and performance of the truck??
thanks for all your help and info
brandon
Old 08-09-2004, 04:15 PM
DKD

Default RE: how long does savage motor last?

the averge motor lasts about 7-10 gallons. most fuel accept bluethunder. s-25 is under powered but is good for a begginer and when you are bored you can upgrade the engine to something more powerful. the top speed of the savage is around 38mph.

hope this helps
Old 08-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Madwelshman

I'm running a second hand savage, with a P3 monster engine, God know how many tanks the guy before me ran through it but it's got great compression still, and I have put about 12 gallons through! As long as its bedded in properly you shoudnt have a problem! (follow the book to the "T" and then some to bed in a perfect engine!)
Old 08-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Mr.Pathfinder

so does the savage .25 have more power on the take off and quicker acceleration than a traxxas tmaxx? I was wondering cause i have a tmaxx now and i have ran 4 gallons through it but i think it never got broke in right cause still to this day it doesn't have any power but it will lift one tire off the ground when doing hard turns and getting on the gas. The truck constantly over heats even when i was doing the breakin
Old 08-10-2004, 05:16 AM
DKD

the savage doent have as much top end speed as the tmaxx but is more powerful
Old 08-10-2004, 11:21 AM
RCBasher99

i am wondering if i were to clean it every galon will this make my moter last longer. and what i mean by clean is do a brake down of every thing in the moter.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:53 PM
kimolop

Rc engines are just like any others. If you are considerate of them, they last a long time, if you abuse them, well, you know the rest. Had 10 gallons thru my 21BB before I changed it out and it is still fine.