Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

shifting

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 09:41 PM
saleh25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shifting

I got a used savage 21 and now it won't shift, or roll backwards. As far as the rolling backwards is conserned i heard that if that little screw in the tranny backs out it will not roll back. Could this also cause it not to shift? Also how hard is it to pull the tranny out, i tried today and it won't pull out due to the diff cups, do i need to either pull the front or rear end out.

Thanks for any replies, i new to a savage, but not to r.c

saleh25
Old 08-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Vortec_Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: shifting

First, choose a side and pull off the chassis plate. Then you can unbolt the trans and pull it out dogbones and all. I had the same problem with my truck out of the box. The screw backed out and the sucker wouldn't shift or roll back. Take the trans out and split the case. Tighten up and lock tite the hub screw and tighten up the shift screw and turn it out two complete turns. Reassemble the trans and the truck and run it and fine tune the shifting. Just make sure you don't turn the wrong screw.