Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

TRAXXAS REVO VS SAVAGE

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Smokin240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRAXXAS REVO VS SAVAGE

OVERALL WHICH TRUCK DO YOU THINK WOULD BE BETTER FOR ALL AROUND BASHING AND POSSIBLY SOME RACING?
Old 12-30-2004, 10:45 PM
neil.jb

Default RE: TRAXXAS REVO VS SAVAGE

if you want to race and have a big budget get the savage, if you want to race spending a minimal amount get the revo,

both trucks are very close in terms or durability, the revo have the best suspension setup but is covered in traxxas crap like the EZ start, if you do decide to get a revo you need to buy aluminium shock ends as the stock ones break, other than that its ready to race,

if you want to race a savage you need

new wheels and tires, MP servo saver mod, 4 spider diff mod, better steering servo, silicone shock oil and softer springs and a 6v hump pack as a bare minimum to be competitive
Old 12-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Smokin240sx

THANKS ALOT!
Old 12-30-2004, 11:03 PM
neil.jb

oh and i forgot to mention you also need to replace the stock throttle/brake linkage on the savage as it is junk
Old 12-30-2004, 11:28 PM
cardriverx

first of all search the fourms, cause this has been discussed MANY times. but anyway, if u want to bash alot and not break anythin, get the savy, if u want to race, but break parts easy, get a revo. thats y i got a savy, im not gonna race it, i just want durability and some speed. the savy can take a beating and come back for more. i made a jump where i get like 5-6 feet of air, and i have landed every witch way, and i hav yet to break anythin. i think that when traxxas made the revo they where lookin for all speed, cause all of the parts on there are light, yet look very weak. so it all depends on what u want. oh and also the savy is cheaper .
Old 12-31-2004, 12:11 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

YES SEEEEEEAARRRRRRRRRRCCCHHHHHH_____________

This is at LEAST the 6th thread just in THIS forum... Check out how many times it's in the MT forum!

You don't even have to search, 2 of the threads show up on the third page with nearly the same title.

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/searchpro.asp?phrase=REVO+Savage&author=&forumid=250&topicreply=topic&message=both&timeframe=%3E&timefilter=-365&language=single&top=300&criteria=AND&minRank=0&sortMethod=r&submitbutton=+OK+]LOOK AT THIS SEARCH, SEE WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FOUND[/link]
Old 12-31-2004, 01:07 AM
Smokin240sx

[sm=drowning.gif]ALRIGHT