Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage 25 carb tuning

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM
cleffdawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 25 carb tuning

I recently purchased a savage 25 and can not seem to dial in the carb just right. I also have a savage 21 and have no problem in tuning it. If anyone has had this problem please let me know how you managed to get it right. If i'm just a retard, please tell me as well and i will go back to what i know.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Vortec_Rat

Default RE: savage 25 carb tuning

Quite a few of us found the carb isn't set to factory settings from the factory. SO...start off with the low side at 1.5 turns out and the high side at 4 and work from there. Also, VERY IMPORTANT. If the motor screams or absolutely will not calm down, pull the motor apart and seal it from vacuum leaks. Mine developed a leak at the backing plate within the first few tanks. A more experienced friend found the leak. Do a search on my posts. I outlined an easy procedure for tuning the S25 about a year ago that I got from a book. It works every time.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:17 AM
neil.jb

when yo set the low speed needle you need to hold the slide shut and screw the needle in until it try's to push the slide open, this is where you count the turns from when screwing the needle out, HTH
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 AM
stevblutu15

with the lsn take it out until it's even with the housing, and start from there. I found mine very lean, with the settings i the manual for the.21
Old 01-19-2005, 04:31 AM
cleffdawg

Thanks everyone, i got it now but i still for some reason like my .21 more.