Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

e-maxx vs savage

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Smokin240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-maxx vs savage

Yeah but when the clutch engages that e-maxx will be along for the ride[8D]
Old 01-23-2005, 10:28 PM
infernalstone

Maybe, maybe not. Depending on how it's going, the E-maxx may have built up such a head of steam that the Savage would just spin tires, whine and cry.

It really all depends on the situation, if you ask me. Do it on a sandy beach, then on the pavement next to the beach. I'd bet you get two totally different results.

Of course, if the Savage did lose, you could take it, build up a full head of steam and t-bone the E-maxx. But then you might have a very angry driver on your hands.
Old 01-23-2005, 11:15 PM
bsmith9510

Sorry, I reposted a link someone else already posted.

My bad Vintage Duff
Old 01-24-2005, 11:07 AM
rhylsadar

hi
it is always interesting to read those electric vs nitro threads. there are of course advantages and disadvantages on both sides running electro or nitro. with the brushless technology the comparison of performance has changed significantly. a properly set up BL e maxx or BL savage will smoke a nitro savage in any comparison where only performance is the measure. that does not mean it is better. there are drawbacks to electric no question about that.
btw the BL savage on that vid above is owned by D11 a guy in germany. this vid is from an annual monstertruck meeting there. that BL savage was set up with two BL motors that can produce 3600watts together. that is really crazy. he had geared it up to 26/49 but still problems not to do wheelies all the time.
however normally the BL monsters have only one BL motor and that is far enough.
bye
rhylsadar
Old 01-24-2005, 11:16 AM
ed260z

The answer is in the traction that they are getting. Due to the weight advantage it's more likely that the savage will get more, and therefore drag the e-max every where.
And yes a Brush-less motor makes Mega Torque. So I guess if you could put a Brush-less in a Savvy it would drag the Nitro Savvy every where.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:26 AM
rhylsadar

yes weight is an issue. but an BL e maxx is likely to use alu diffs etc and with the batteries gets nice weight too.
my BL savage weights about 13lbs.
bye
rhylsadar

Old 01-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Rccarfreak33

just for the record i remember seeing on some website a comparison of a bl emaxx vs. a 25 savag. I forgot where i saw it , the point is the savage got destroyed in all , torque(they both pulled the same weight that was in a crate ) , acceleration and topspeed. the emaxx won with ease. If i remember correctly the guy was running a hacker 11l and a schulze18.97kwf brushless setup with 16cells. Im not bashing the savage because its not eally comparing two equal thingsand i also have become a savage fan after owning an emaxx but most people who have a brushless emaxx have invested 300 in more just in the motor and esc. Not to mention probably atleast 1000 in total. Just for the record also anyone who say they beat a bl emaxx is probably lieing or they went up against an hv-maxx which doesnt have close to the power of a hacker or lehner setup
Old 01-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Smokin240sx

BULL there is no way an emaxx can pull a savage.The reason why you can't remember where you saw the video is because you probaly made it up just to make the emaxx look good.I'm tired of people sayin oh an emaxx can pull a savage because it is a bunch of crap the emaxx will never be able to keep up with a savage[:@]
Old 01-24-2005, 05:32 PM
Smokin240sx

whoever THINKS they can pull my savage come meet me and I'll pull the living crap out of it[8D]
Old 01-24-2005, 05:35 PM
studysession

This is not to be a bash-a-thon.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:41 PM
Smokin240sx

i shouldn't waste my time pulling an emaxx anyway because that's not even any real competition
Old 01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
studysession

I have an EMaxx - It does not have brushless in it yet but will eventaully. I personally think if an EMaxx could do what is being claimed that the drive train has to be beefed up first. I think the plastic outdives on the stock EMaxx will break doing something like this.
Old 01-24-2005, 05:57 PM
bsmith9510

ORIGINAL: Rccarfreak33

just for the record i remember seeing on some website a comparison of a bl emaxx vs. a 25 savag. I forgot where i saw it , the point is the savage got destroyed in all , torque(they both pulled the same weight that was in a crate ) , acceleration and topspeed. the emaxx won with ease. If i remember correctly the guy was running a hacker 11l and a schulze18.97kwf brushless setup with 16cells. Im not bashing the savage because its not eally comparing two equal thingsand i also have become a savage fan after owning an emaxx but most people who have a brushless emaxx have invested 300 in more just in the motor and esc. Not to mention probably atleast 1000 in total. Just for the record also anyone who say they beat a bl emaxx is probably lieing or they went up against an hv-maxx which doesnt have close to the power of a hacker or lehner setup

Just for the record, the video on the previous page is the one were they are pulling crates.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Vintage_Duff

im a huge savvy fan but a brushless emaxx could rip any savvy.

hey rhylsadar can you send me the link where you got the brusless kit from, also how does it perform? it looks like the same brushless kit for the savvy in the vid
Old 01-24-2005, 08:08 PM
BadMammaJammas

I have a vid on my comp of a savage and a t-maxx going at it in the tug of war on pavement the savage owns it i think the savage had a bigger motor thats it so did the t-maxx but the t-maxx was tricked out and the savvy still owned him Savvy <3<3<3
Old 01-24-2005, 08:11 PM
parris001

No batteries, please. It might out pull the Savage but for how long? Once the electric motor gets good and hot and takes a big ol' crap it just a piece of smoldering junk. This is a stupid question
Old 01-25-2005, 10:49 AM
rhylsadar

hi

@vintage duff
i bought the conversion kit in germany at monsters paradise. i think in the US rcboyz.com is distributing them. basically you could do this on your own. the hard part is making a motor plate. the battery holders are easy. my gearbox is locked in first gear with a special gearshaft and eliminated freewheel to brake with the motor as normal electric cars do. but if you take a more powerful brushless motor you can also lock in the 2nd gear and still have plenty of power. some also brake with the normal disk brake and a servo.
the performance depends on how many cells you use and the controller and motor you chose. this can range from normal performance like a stock savage 21 to nearly whatever-you-like performance. that is just a question of money. my setup is somewhat in the middle. i use a schulze 18.97kw controller with a plettenberg maxximum motor and 12-16cells.
the savage in the vid uses two bigmaxximum motors with two controllers and four battery packs. that is really expensive.

@studysession
beefing up the drive train is the first thing to do when going BL with the maxx. i am sure you know the diffs from unlimited engineering.

and as someone already stated maybe that is not a good comparison. a BL monster vs a nitro monster. two different things. so tastes are different and thats good.

bye
rhylsadar
Old 01-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Rccarfreak33

to bsmith9510
the video you on the other page is not the one im talking about although similar

smallblock you are completely wrong! i have an emaxx and just got a savge which by the way is fricken awesome and just destryoys my emaxx, but hands down if you had the money for a good brushless setup and 16cells a savage would get beaten in a second provided the emaxx's tranny hold up
Old 01-26-2005, 06:04 PM
Smokin240sx

what r u talkin about?I don't think the emaxx can pull a savage i have a savage also and from what iv'e seen an emaxx would have a hard time.
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Rccarfreak33

small block soor if i sounded harsh by no means did i mean to be i was just trying to make a point. Have you ever seen a 16cell brushless emaxx run? because i know it may seem hard to believe, i didnt believe electrics could keep up with the nitros until i saw one myself. Whether you believe me or not a 16cell emaxx would win with ease, but most importanty an emaxx with that setup the person probably has 1500+ invested into their truck which is alot more than a stock savage is or a savage with an upgraded engine
Old 01-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Smokin240sx

Yeah in this case an emaxx would win
Old 01-26-2005, 06:18 PM
studysession

You want to learn or see a cool brushless setup. Then look here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=467

I converted my Nitro Hyper 7 PBS to all brushless. [X(][>:]
Old 01-26-2005, 11:12 PM
AMBAT N CYRIL

Im sorry to break it to everyone that thinks the Savage wud win in this battle, i cudnt even break it to myself being an owner and lover of my Nitro SAVAGE 25, but with an electric brushless setup and esc, there is no doubt the emaxx wud win. not only wud it have the same weight advantage due to all the batteries and beefier drivetrain, but the motors wud deliver full torque at the flip of ur finger and rape the savage like michael jackson. i had to face the same astonishment as all u savage owners, and i am currently saving up for my own brushless e-maxx. there is just no comparison when something like a brushless motor can deliver its full torque right away, while a nitro is still wating for the clutch to engage and the engine to rev and reach full potential, and in addition to that the brushless probably makes more power. it wudnt matter anyway. i cant stand likin a traxxas truck, but i think im goin with the bl emaxx on this
Old 01-26-2005, 11:22 PM
Lt. DEATH

Man, I think that I am going to die, going to electric now. Nitro was sweet but these new brushless things are killing me. I think that I'm going to convert my Savage to electric. How much did it run you rhylsadar and how do you got it set-up?
Old 01-27-2005, 01:40 AM
bsmith9510

to Rccarfreak33
Sorry

When u said pulling crates I thought it was. I have more fun driving through mud and dirt and nasty terrain than pulling things anyway. I'll stick to my nitro. Smells better too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.