Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

building savage from scratch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 08:19 PM
strych9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default building savage from scratch?

Whats up guys. Im no stranger to r/c but my question is. I'm thinking of building a savage by just ordering upgraded parts(Aluminum). im in no rush to have done. Im more interested in the project and wont be bashing too much. most of my cars and trucks sit on my display case. but I always wanted to have a killer monster truck.[:@] i just wanted to know if you guys think it would be a good idea to try or should i ge a kit and then get the aftermarket parts?(seems like a waste of money to buy a kit and rid of the plastic) What would the difficulty level be on not knowing the truck and having to figure out how all the parts go together?and if i got all the parts? would it be worth the headach?
thanks for the feedback
Old 01-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Vintage_Duff

Default RE: building savage from scratch?

i would buy the savvySS kit without engine and get all the aliminium parts and sells the pastic parts on ebay

www.integy.com
www.rcxshop.com
www.neweramodels.com

here is a good starting ground for all round hop-ups for the savvy
Old 01-23-2005, 08:39 PM
ed260z

That all depends on how many upgraded parts you plan on putting on. I'd price out the stock parts you'll need, and see if the complete kit would be cheaper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67363.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	219729  
Old 01-23-2005, 08:41 PM
strych9

Thanks man, i was thinking that would be a good way to go. Or buy a cheep used kit and sell off the xtras. Im thinking walking in blind will lead to a headach
Old 01-23-2005, 08:50 PM
strych9

I was planning on a complete upgrade(all parts) even the engine to an sh 28. I know some plastic is better than metal. but like i said after a couple weeks of bashing it will probibly end up on my shelf with the others and be a show car. I usually go threw fazes of obsession. my motorcycle,pocket bike,r/c,ect. i throw money at toys. then move on to the next. Bad habbit but i do it. (keeps me from doing illegal stuff)
Old 01-23-2005, 09:06 PM
ed260z

If your going to do it all. Just get the few stock parts you need separately.