Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > HPI Monster Truck Forum
Reload this Page >

I don't know what I did...I think it's broke

Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

I don't know what I did...I think it's broke

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 12:15 PM
bugdry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't know what I did...I think it's broke

I installed an OFNA failsafe on my Savage, as per the instructions. But when I flipped the switch to turn on the servos and receiver, the servos started moving. Now Nothing happens when I turn it on. The batteries(Energizer AA) after the incident were really warm. They still have a good charge. Please help, Did I ruin my servos, or reciever or something else?
Old 01-31-2005, 01:07 PM
brokenstuff

Default RE: I don't know what I did...I think it's broke

adjust the failsafe with the little switch/button on the failsafe

if the batts dont have a sufficeint charge the failsafe will kill the throttle and wont let it work
Old 01-31-2005, 01:10 PM
benny2k

dude i have had this problem in the past and there are a fe things to check, i have done everything that there is to do wrong with a fail safe and recievers and have yet to actualy do damage...lol

first check the fail safe is installed the right way as is the servo onto it...the polarity is very important, also check that you have set it...cos most fail safes need setting before you can check to see if the servo moves, and as for the batteries check the polarity and check the battery case make sure there is no wire exposed where it shouldn't be. also probelems i have found are if the betteries get worm to check to make sure the servos are in the right way, cos the motors inside of them have reverse protection...it will damage the batteries before they allow them selves to be damaged(well the radio gear i use does anyway). if you have any more poroblems i say take it back to your LHS...or e-mail me if ya like on [email protected]
Old 01-31-2005, 02:06 PM
bugdry

Thanks alot guys. I'll try out your suggestions.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:15 PM
stevblutu15

if you did install it wrong, polarity wise, you may have fried a few things ex, failsafe, reciever, servo, not good. Also, i would def switch to a hump pack. in my experiences with boats, the failsafe's would drain alot of power.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:24 PM
bugdry

I know I fried something. I'm taking it to my LHS on Saturday. Probably need a new receiver.... I'mm gonna buy a hump pack too. Thanks