Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Carb and Filter + Mud.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 08:15 PM
I Eat Glue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb and Filter + Mud.

I was wondering what to use to clean my carb and how to go about it? I took the carb off of my other car and understand how it works but was wondering where I could get a cap to cover the exposed opening on the engine. I think I could use something like motor spray but was worried about left over oils in the carb, or maybe some alcohol would do the trick. My final question was how often I should clean out and re-oil my air filter. I'm running on mostly street so it may or may not be as seldom as usual. By the way I've had my Savage 2.5 for 3 days and love this thing, very impressive. Well, thanks for your time.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Rep99099

Default RE: Carb and Filter + Mud.

I use Nitro Cleaner to clean all my stuff.
As far as the Air Filter goes, clean it when you think it needs to be clean, it's always better to ahve a clean air filter then a dirty one =)

It should be cleaned when you have 1/8" of dirt according to the instructions, but I never wait taht long.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:23 PM
I Eat Glue

Kool, thanks. What brand of motor spray would you recomend?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Rep99099

I have been using HPI's Nitro Cleaner.
Old 04-18-2005, 09:23 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

Trinity Nitro Blast.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:00 AM
ba_savage

I use Simple Green for most cleaning. I have taken the motor out, kept the air filter on, covered the exhaust port with finger, sprayed with Simple Green, scrubed with small brush and blown off with air compressor. The first time I cleaned my truck with Simple Green I was quite suprised on how well it cleaned. I use the spray cleaner for other things but I found out that it doesnt get some things off and it is definetly much more expensive. I think I paid $7.00 for one can. Paid $10.00 for 1 gallon of Simple Green.

I also learned a good lesson about cleaning (oiling) the air filter. We were at the track and my son was watching me clean and oil my filter so he did his himself. I couldnt get his to run right after that. After deciding to go home for the day, I took the filters off of both of the trucks and noticed that his was soaking wet with oil. He was starving the engine of air. Needless to say, he knows how much oil to use next time.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I Eat Glue

Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look for simple green and if I can't then I can propably find the above two at my LHS. Thanks guys.