Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

picco .26 one way bearing prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default picco .26 one way bearing prob

anyone know how to remedy a slipping oneway bearing on the picco .26 outlaw motor im useing roto start not pull start and every time i clean it it work 4 a few times then slips again..please help
Old 04-21-2005, 04:08 PM
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: picco .26 one way bearing prob

Better fuel? Fuel with a synthetic blend oil that is 12% oil or less is best. I run Trinity Monster Horsepower - Power Blend 30% Nitro w/ 12% Oil and so far...no slipping.
Old 04-21-2005, 05:34 PM

im using odonnel 20% im thinking maybe it because i was going through break in and it was just so damn rich...maybe grrrr i had the same problems with my mach .26 motor
Old 04-21-2005, 08:35 PM

ORIGINAL: savy_maxx

anyone know how to remedy a slipping oneway bearing on the picco .26 outlaw motor im useing roto start not pull start and every time i clean it it work 4 a few times then slips again..please help
Rotostarts are extremely tough on internal Picco/Wasp .26 oneways. Inspect the steel outer collar (that the oneway is pressed into) very closely they will develope a tiny hairline crack right where the slot is that engages the crank pin. When the collar cracks, it allows the oneway bearing to slip inside the steel bore, making it seem like the oneway bearing needles are slipping, when actually its the outer part of the bearing thats slipping.
Rich
Old 04-21-2005, 08:40 PM
My Feedback: (1)

I run Trinity Monster Horsepower - Power Blend 20% Nitro w/ 18% Oil and my oneway lasted 4 gals. I soaked it in alcohol for a day and it lasted almost 1/2 gal. Then I threw it out and bought another. Don't forget to clean the shaft with alcohol before installing the oneway bearing.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:42 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: savy_maxx

im using odonnel 20% im thinking maybe it because i was going through break in and it was just so damn rich...maybe grrrr i had the same problems with my mach .26 motor

This is highly likely.

Check for cracks as Polar mentioned, but most of my one-ways, both internal and external that slipped, slipped because of trying different fuels before I settled.... or running very rich as you said, during breakin.