Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 01:13 PM
ZEWSKI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

Does anyone have these? If so, what do you think?

40 Series Commando Bead-Loc 23mm HD Hex Wheel

Monster Truck Enthusiasts beware! There's a new, real bead-loc wheel in town. Introducing the 40 Series Commando Bead-Loc wheel utilizing the 23mm HD Hex system.

The Commando Bead-Loc wheel features a die-cast aluminum bead-loc ring, 18 individual mounting hardware screws per ring for a secure, true fit of your 40 Series tires, a gleaming chrome finish, 23mm HD Hex design for ultra-durability and performance and a chrome center cap to finish the look of the wheel. If that's not enough, the non-gluing, super strong design allows you to interchange your tires with the turn of a 2.0mm allen wrench without having to buy new wheels. This makes your truck totally customizable in a short amount of time.

When you're looking to stylize your monster truck with the latest in wheels designs and technology, then check out Pro-Line's fully licensed Weld Racing 40 Series Commando Bead-Loc wheels featuring 23mm HD Hexes.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60540.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	289222  
Old 06-24-2005, 01:24 PM
mziadeh
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Wheels

Great Idea, but I think it's more suited for a shelf queen.

I run the Proline Velocity 6 40 series with Proline Bowties and love them. The chrome finish on the velocity 6's was trashed after two tanks of gas so forget about it lasting on those rims you pictured above.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:09 PM
ZEWSKI

I'm not necessarily concerned about looks but how the tire is mounted to the wheel. Currently I have velocity 6 40 series wheels and dirt hawg tires. Since installing a wasp .28, I need to re-glue the tires after racing and practicing on the track.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Nitronutt
My Feedback: (2)

If you have to re-glue often, chances are that you are not glueing them properly. First, remove all of the chrome where you will be applying glue. Glue the tires where the tire sits on the rim (Not at the bead, but at the innermost part - on both sides of the tire. When that is dry, then glue the bead (i.e. - edge). This makes them rock solid and they will last a very long time!!!

With my first set of tires, I only glued the beads. I reglue them every 2-4 tanks. With my Mambos and Big Joes, I did it the way I described above and have 1.5 Gallons on them without a single re-glue!!!

I run 80% on pavement, so I am brutal on the bead/glueing of a tire...believe me, proper glueing works!!