Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

!STRIPPED SCREWS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:04 PM
Snowburton12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !STRIPPED SCREWS!

today i went to go put in my new one way for my roto-start and started to take out the allen wrench screws. I get two out with ease then notice the other 2 are stripped so i tried to take them off any ways. This is were i get mad. They just strip even more and now they won't come off and I have my savage just sitting in my room waiting to be ripped around outside. WHAT DO I DO!?i¿!?i¿ ANY HELP PLEASE....
Old 06-28-2005, 06:19 AM
freemind

Default RE: !STRIPPED SCREWS!

1. You could drill it... and use a reverse tap to take it out.
2. Dremel a slot and use a flat head to take it out.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:42 AM
imdjenk

Default RE: !STRIPPED SCREWS!

Before you do that, get a set of good allen head screw drivers. It is more likely that the crappy key that comes with the kit is stripped than the screw itself. If that doesn't work, do what freemind said. A good set of screwdrivers is an invaluable investment if you ask me.