Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Tmaxx Vs. Savage

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 05:52 PM
Polar_Bus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tmaxx Vs. Savage

ORIGINAL: LaxerMan21

go to ultimatehobbies.com the savage is only like 30 dollars more. t-maxx is a good begginner truck. My neighbor has a t-maxx and my savage just runs circles around it. save up the extra cash (i did) its worth it
Then your neighbor needs to learn how to tune. Stock for stock a TMaxx will spank a Savage in both top speed and handeling. A Savage is about 1 1/2 pounds heavier than a TMaxx, and the bottom line is the added weight hinders Savage performance. The Savage however, will take FAR worse of a beating before components start to break.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:05 PM
mega1268

i noticed u said traxxas is a 2.5 and .15. And u wanted to get a 2.5 for your Stampede. Dont get me wrong the 2.5 motor is alittle stronger. but..... all in all its still a .15. theres nothign like a big block savage shifting 3x doing a wheelie w/e u tap the throttle. if ur gonna go with traxxas id get a revo. I had 1 for a couple months it was pretty awesome but it was pretty limited when it comes to bashing mods. It was a total race truck. Savage takes a ass kicking all day long. and its hte only monster truck out there that actually looks liek a monster truck. revo has a Rediculous race design. Tmaxx is a peice of metal with everything bolted to it. i like the savage design alot better. made for a bashing not for racing. either way i dont think u will be unsatisfied. tmaxx just has limited engine upgrade capablitys without spending 200 dollers for a conversion kit. if you reall wanna beat a savage and not get a savage get a revo.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:16 PM
rcmaster123
My Feedback: (3)

you posted this in the hpi forum so everyone is going to say the savage is better,

The T-maxx is faster(a lot), and has better acceleration out of the box, my nieghbor has a savage so i no.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:48 PM
supernova803

This post is really old so he prob already bought a truck anyways....Also there is no "true" scale because they dont jave a full scale version.....Wait, they do have monster trucks that say maxx and savage but certainly arent scale. SO there isnt really a scale.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:12 AM
traxxaswiz

i think that the old t-maxx(.15) could wip the savage[:'(]
Old 01-29-2006, 09:57 AM
Airpressure

ORIGINAL: traxxaswiz

i think that the old t-maxx(.15) could wip the savage[:'(]
There is no way on this earth an old T-maxx could beat a Savage! A new 2.5 T-maxx might be abale too but no way would the .15 T-maxx.
Old 01-29-2006, 11:59 AM
dooey

go savage all the way!! way more durable wont be spending money on parts and its a beast
Old 01-29-2006, 02:10 PM
savagecommander

either way,no matter the situation.a machine is only ever as good as its operator.the tmaxx has a ton of aftermarket stuff,the savage is proven durable.if money is a factor, go with what you can offord.dont listen to anybody elseand pick what YOU like.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:18 PM
davel583

My 9 year old son has a Savage 25. This thing is amazing. I broke it in for him.....oh...wait....my qualifications?..I tune 200hp snowmobiles that would give Tony Stewart a heart attack. Imagine, 200hp in a 370lb machine. These are for jumping and hillclimbing too, not drag racing so I have some suspension experience as well. My point? The Savage is a great bashing unit. Maybe the best? Who knows. Of all the trucks available ( I know, I'm looking for one to spank my son) the Savage is the best buy for durability.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:01 PM
rcfreak11

hey
savage is not worth it piece of crap my bro jumped his off a 1 foot ramp and brock the hole front end my on the other hand jumped a 3 footer and still runs my tmaxx is preety stock sporttaxx wheels and a 70 tooth spur and trx 2.5r will get you in the fiftys
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 PM
mosavage

wow, i cant understand a word ur a saying. Sure, a 2.5R with high gearing can go in the 50's.What are you one? I highly doubt a front end would break from a one foot drop. I have went full speed into a tree without breaking anything. Man, just go back to the traxxas forum[:'(]
Old 02-06-2006, 10:36 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: rcfreak11

hey
savage is not worth it piece of crap my bro jumped his off a 1 foot ramp and brock the hole front end my on the other hand jumped a 3 footer and still runs my tmaxx is preety stock sporttaxx wheels and a 70 tooth spur and trx 2.5r will get you in the fiftys
If i understand correctly your brother broke the front end of his savvy off a 1 foot jump? Either your bro sucks at driving and smacked it into a parked car or tree at wot right after landing or your making a mistake and its a revo hes driving. (i bet REVOFAMILY will be here shortly to argue his point)
Old 02-06-2006, 10:44 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

nah, musta been a Maxx. or a Smartech Magic Wheel with "SAVAGE" stickers on it
Old 02-06-2006, 10:46 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rcfreak11

hey
Maybe a 1 foot jump right under a moving car
Old 02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
mosavage

this is going to be intersting
Old 02-06-2006, 11:07 PM
-SomeGuy-

ORIGINAL: ThunderbirdJunkie

nah, musta been a Maxx. or a Smartech Magic Wheel with "SAVAGE" stickers on it
Yeah your right it was probably a maxx...
Old 02-07-2006, 05:53 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: rcflyboy90

Will the t-maxx with a 2.5trx go faster then the savage25? And can it keep up with the savage? I was thinking about buying the t-maxx since it is cheaper then the savage. My brother has just gotten the savage i like it alot but i don't know if i want to spend that much money on 1. I have a stampede now and the savage kicks it Butt. Plus my brother just runs it over all the time. I want to get one that can keep up with the savage25 but isn't that expensive. Should i just get the savage or what. Let me know.
Which one if faster? Depends on which model Savage. An S25 will get beat every time by a TMaxx (tuning being equall). The 4.6, the Savage will USUALLY win, but again tuning plays a HUGE factor in dragracing. On the racetrack, a TMaxx will SPANK a Savage, no matter what the tuning is. To TMaxx's credit, they handle awesome, and are much lighter than a Savage. TMaxx's break ALL the time, Savages are arguable the toughest, most reliable truck on the market. I have 2 Savages, and borrowed my buddies TMaxx for 2 weeks, while he was on vacation, so I really got a chance to see what a TMaxx was all about. That TMaxx spent more time in pieces, than it did bashing. That being said, I personally will NEVER own one. (at least for day to day bashing).
Old 02-07-2006, 06:28 AM
DaveG55

I won't go into a lot of details here but I've got both a Savage 25SS and a T-Maxx.
My Savage breaks lots more than my T-Maxx. And, yes, I drive them the same.
I know that 99% will disagree with that statement but it is my true experence with both trucks.
I will say that I'd have to personally see a Savage wot into a tree and not suffer bent tvp's to believe it.
Mine have been bent 3 times.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:58 AM
supertib

man oh man thats funny....I have owned T-Maxx's since Tower hobbies first shipment years ago, I had the very first t-maxx sold in my city .......to compare a Savage to a T-Maxx is a joke as far as bashing is concerned the T-Maxx is a money pit and nowhere near as tough as a Savage, not even close LOL I own both and have owned T-Maxx's for years, they are not durable in any way shape or form.....
Old 02-07-2006, 10:06 AM
DaveG55

Laugh all you want, It's still true. And I know it's unusual.
But the only thing thats broken on the Maxx is the ez-start gears stripped out. The list for the Savage is really very long.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:19 AM
supertib

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

Laugh all you want, It's still true. And I know it's unusual.
But the only thing thats broken on the Maxx is the ez-start gears stripped out. The list for the Savage is really very long.

sorry dude, but owning and selling these trucks for years I can assure you the T-Maxx is not the durability king LOL yes I am laughing sorry......but I have replaced 100's of T-Maxx bulkheads and control arms....in comparison in the real world by thousands of hobbyist the T-Maxx is a brittle little toy LOL yes it handles good, is reasonably quick, but once it gets roughed up it does break real easy
Old 02-07-2006, 10:56 AM
kwakr

i find it hard to believe that the savage broke after a one foot jump[X(]..uh huh...i ran mine WOT into light pole that was made outta concrete.....[:'(][:'(]....wasnt paying attention...[:-]...you know what i broke..............NOTHING.....so yeah the savage is one tough truck....[8D]
Old 02-07-2006, 11:13 AM
DaveG55

I never said the Maxx was king of anything, it is a fun truck to play with though.
I did say I know that it's unusual.
None the less, for me the Maxx has been more durable. Your results may (and probably will) vary.
In the end, as long as you're enjoying what you've got, what difference does it really make?
Old 02-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Matthew10

deffinantly get a savage a tmaxx may b faster but i heard some tmaxxes have broken parts on break in so i'd say savage def for toughness
Old 02-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: DaveG55

I won't go into a lot of details here but I've got both a Savage 25SS and a T-Maxx.
My Savage breaks lots more than my T-Maxx. And, yes, I drive them the same.
I know that 99% will disagree with that statement but it is my true experence with both trucks.
I will say that I'd have to personally see a Savage wot into a tree and not suffer bent tvp's to believe it.
Mine have been bent 3 times.
NOTHING will survive a WOT run into a tree without some sort of bendage/breakage. Savages can handle a wicked hit that is fairly head on. If you front "corner" impact something you will about be guaranteed to bend the stock TVP's. Great thing is simply pound them flat again. (I've done it twice to tthe same set of TVP's) This is another reason I am very admiring of the Savages engineering. It's tough, and flexible at the same time. Components bend and break, but a catastrophic breakage(s) usually don't occur on a Savage.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.