Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

clutch springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:51 PM
Death_Viper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch springs?

i just baught some aliminum clutch shoes and it has 2 sets of springs black and silver with are the harder ones ?
Old 07-18-2005, 01:57 PM
Robsimprza00

Default RE: clutch springs?

what color are the aluminum shoes are they blue, if so they are the lightweihgt shoes, the two springs are diffrent from eachother, one will let the shoe out at a lower rpm and the other at a higher, i cant say by the color but on my aluminum shoes i installed the black springs then again it came with gold springs as well put the first pair in see if you like the way it drives usually the harder spring will have more torque but will catch at ver high rpm.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:59 PM
Death_Viper

ther pink and i want the springs that let it out at a higher rpm so its got more power
Old 07-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Robsimprza00

mine didnt come with instructions if you can squeeze them with pliers and see which are stronger try that, buit if not install the silver colored springs im pretty sure the black ones are the same as stock, if they are the wrong ones install the other set, heres the problem with the stronger springs on my truck if you do rock climbing and no top end id say install them but if you want speed then install the weaker springs, i noticed after installing the stronger springs that the engine is going to full revv and barely catching the clutch bell until almost max rev, also the car wont get up to speed so it wont shift into second i'd reccomend the softer springs because you wont sacrafce the speed but you will gain some torque on the other hand lose in speed and ALOT of torque