Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Robsimprza00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default idle issue

For the first 5 minutes of driving the savage is great does whatever you want it to. 5 mins after start up the idle starts to get screwed up, if i lift the truck off the ground the engine will revv to about 25% throttle and wheels start spinning, the idle adjustment screw is set for the 2mm opening and the screwed up part is that the throttle doesnt get pushed and it would revv up, even when brakes are applied it would revv and the engine will overpower the brakes, after trying to tune it for 10 minutes the damn thing either cuts out to rich or it will revv higher to lean! i also trying adjusting the lsn but that has no affect
Old 07-24-2005, 02:47 PM
racer man05

Default RE: idle issue

sounds like an air leak to me... try sealing ur carb
Old 07-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Robsimprza00

i did purchase the engine saver air intake system, after that, i noticed that the engine started idleing diffrent
Old 07-24-2005, 04:17 PM
Neil.25ss

make sure the cooling head nuts are tight......mine did the same thing! once it got to a certain temperature and everything starts to expand! the idle used to go banzi.

If your not sure take the cooling head off, and if you got a leak you will see where it is exiting by the burnt stains it leaves behind.

try that, it will take 30 seconds to check
Old 07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
Robsimprza00

checked that, they were lose, cleaned it out a little and looks good, on the piston there is a black burnt mark looks like a horse shoe, also i just ran the truck and still the idle goes at a higher than normal rpm, i tried to richen it out but eventually after turning driving a little turning again it dies