Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

sav 25 conrod/ crankshaft pin failed

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 03:07 PM
rob2267

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sav 25 conrod/ crankshaft pin failed

Has this happened to any one else. the pin that connects the conrod to the crankshaft, which also is used to start the motor has snapped causing engine to seize up, cant really moan, because it has lasted 1 full year this weekend and has had about 20 gall of fuel through it, just wondering if any of you guys have the same trouble. getting new 4.6 on saturday so am still happy with the savage, its one tough truck, thanks
Old 12-15-2005, 03:15 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: sav 25 conrod/ crankshaft pin failed

20 GALLONS! That is awesome. Did it still have lots of torque? Most people report getting 10 gallons max. I was hoping for 8 gallons, now I have a new goal.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
rob2267

yes honestly, still had loads of torque, run it on 20% tornado fuel, if you break in the engine in correctly and let it warm up first before reving it hard, and always used after run oil it will last you for ages, i did go through a few diffs, spurgears and 4 clutches,, and lots of crash damage, but engine has do me very proud
Old 12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Cyberfyn

Had the conrod fail at the piston end on a nearly new .21 a few years ago. I wondered why I was getting iron filing out the exhaust [X(]

Ian F.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:37 PM
fxrs

Check this post.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3602080/tm.htm
Old 12-15-2005, 06:14 PM
rob2267

thats exactly what has happened to my engine, but after one full year of thrashing, seems to be a few rusts spots in that engine, poor care, you have to take care of these engines to get a great long life span out of them, look after them and they will give you many, many months of bashing fun