Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

need expert advice on engine to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM
Amosp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need expert advice on engine to buy

I want to put a larger engine on my Savage 21. Firt off, is the SH28 worth buying? What is the difference in it and the STS28? Same claimed HP and even look the same. How about Mach 26 or 28, or Sportwerks 26? As you my have noticed, Iam on a budget. Married and wife just does not understand.
One more thing, should I go with 3shoe clutch? Carbon, teflon, aluminum? Any advice would be greatly apreciated.
Old 12-16-2005, 03:05 PM
sarpiparpi

Default RE: need expert advice on engine to buy

how about picco 26?
Old 12-16-2005, 05:10 PM
spareanychange

new OS30
Old 12-16-2005, 08:20 PM
lax195
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: sarpiparpi

how about picco 26?
The Picco .26 has been discontinued for a while now. It has been replaced with the Picco .27 which is a powerful engine but has the same hard-to-tune problems as the Picco .26. I have heard AMAZING things about the new OS .30.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:36 PM
tmodlin

The guy at the LHS ranted and raved about the Sportwerks 26. I ended up buying it but it is too cold here to tune it right now. Another good one to look into is the XTM 24.7 PRO, I dont think you will find a bad review out there. Type it in a search for this section of the site and you will notice what I mean. I have heard nothing but good about the STS and SH engines too.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Whoa G

don't forget about the diffs - you probably still have the 4-gear version (i believe thats what comes on the 21) so i would consider upgrading to the 6-gear diff if i were you. As for engine choice, i haven't had a lot of experience with big-blocks, but i've heard a lot of good things about the O.S. 30VG, that would be my choice.