Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

what doy you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 04:28 PM
spudders

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what doy you think?

http://www.jespares.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=956

do you think the servos will be powerfull enough for a savage 4.6 and what do you think of the set up in general
Old 12-16-2005, 04:55 PM
ace007

Default RE: what doy you think?

Spektrum is a great all round set up.And i am fairlt sure that those servo's are what alot of people use.I have the dsm system for my m-8 and it's awesome.But i only use the z270 servo and it's used for my throttle.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:07 PM
spareanychange

yer, get a high torgue for ur steering, dont use them
Old 12-16-2005, 05:24 PM
Geeza!

I bought the Spektrum radio a few weeks ago, but returned it, although the idea of no interference was my reason for buying it, it had very little else that impressed me.
Imo, the Spektrum is better suited for racers, although it has a 3rd channel option, it's a weird set up, if you set the 3rd channel option to shift, you have to keep the button pushed, otherwise the servo returns to centre?, which is no good for a Savage reverse set up.
The shift is ok for 3 speed gearboxes, ie, hold the button back (1st gear) let go of button (2nd gear) push button forward (3rd gear), so as i say let go of the button and it's in second gear, which puts the servo in centre position, how the hell are you supposed to throttle and steer with your thumb holding the button?.
You have the linear option, which is better suited to engine mixture, not the motion required for reverse.
I have to say, i really didn't like it, and swapped it over for a Futaba 3PM radio, which i'm very pleased with.

Maybe i missed something with the 3rd channel, but the guy in the shop tried, and came to the same conclusion, i guess adding the Spektrum module to an existing radio would be ok, as the radio would have it's regular functions, but it's a very expensive way of having a interference free radio.

Just my opinion, but the Spektrum is not for me