Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 05:19 PM
im2kool4u17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning help

Hey guys i have an STS.28 and it acts great and has NEVER died on me. But, after a lil my temps on it are a lil autta control. The temps are almost ALWAYS climbing and i cant really stop it. It lasts like half a tank before it gets to about 310[X(]. Then i have to shut it off and let it cool. Do i have an air leak? ive richened it up a bit but it didnt really help. I am using the MIP onboard temp guage. My lil cord thing was wrapped around the second fin down from the top. was that too far down? maybe thats why but i dono

any help appreciated
Old 12-16-2005, 06:00 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tuning help

If you are running the stock tank on your Savage, you might be experiencing a 'half tank lean' that is causing your problems. I was having problems like yours, but not that high of temps. See this thread or do a search on 'half tank lean' and see if it fits your situation.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_35...tm.htm#3578587
Old 12-16-2005, 09:29 PM
im2kool4u17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tuning help

i think i said it wrong because even if the tank is full the temps will not stop climbing. but ill try the richening of the lsn and leaning of the hsn as said in the link you posted.