Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

wasp 26 or ofna picco 26

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:45 AM
zsar1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wasp 26 or ofna picco 26

hi which will be a better engine to get.i have been to tower hobby website and they say that the ofna 26 picco is for the t-maxx.will it bolt on perfectly on a savage.i also saw that they have a ofna 27 picco.will it fit in a savage.they say that it is suitable for on road racing.will it work on the savage.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Polar_Bus

Default RE: wasp 26 or ofna picco 26

ORIGINAL: zsar1

hi which will be a better engine to get.i have been to tower hobby website and they say that the ofna 26 picco is for the t-maxx.will it bolt on perfectly on a savage.i also saw that they have a ofna 27 picco.will it fit in a savage.they say that it is suitable for on road racing.will it work on the savage.
Do not buy TMaxx compatable engines, they use a non standard crankshaft. You want any "SG" style big block engine. As far as the Wasp .26, and the Picco .26. Get the Wasp .26. They both have equall power (The Wasp has more bottom end torque), and the Picco has a tad more top end. The Wasp is WAY easier to tune, and keep in tune. The Picco's LSN is VERY difficult to keep in ideal tune.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:33 PM
mountaindr3wz

none of them get e o.s. .30. lol i have a picco i bought it used still didnt get to tune it yet. but so far i would go with the picco
Old 12-18-2005, 10:38 PM
crop

why is it Picco26 and WASP 26 are different? Aren't they both produced by Picco hence they're the same engine except for the shape of head?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 AM
Frost_
My Feedback: (1)

They are merely distributed by companies (such as Orion) other than the manufacturer and may bear their label by contract.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:23 AM
tmodlin

Off topic but props to a nice setup. What kind of number s are you looking to yield with all of those goodies? Better yet, what times, traps? Itzy on the forum here has a couple of badass drag cars and I myself am a huge fan of the turbo. More of a 1:1 guy myself.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:28 AM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: crop

why is it Picco26 and WASP 26 are different? Aren't they both produced by Picco hence they're the same engine except for the shape of head?
They are exactly the same engine. I had both, and side by side comparison they behaved slighty different power-wise. As far as tuning, the Wasp has different carb needles, and more easier to tune. I am simply passing on my real experiences with these two engines.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:29 AM
Frost_

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

Off topic but props to a nice setup. What kind of number s are you looking to yield with all of those goodies? Better yet, what times, traps? Itzy on the forum here has a couple of badass drag cars and I myself am a huge fan of the turbo. More of a 1:1 guy myself.
PMing
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 AM
beelzebubishere

If you want some feedback on the OFNA Picco engines, go here and post for Dennis, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/revotmaxmadness/ Dennis AND a freind of his have had a ton of trouble with hose engines, AND their tech support. Yeah it's a Revo T-Max site, but they won't bite, and Dennis will be happy to give you the story on OFNA Picco....