Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

Savage or Revo

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:27 PM
PlAtInUm ReVo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Savage or Revo

Bashing and a little racing...wat would u pick a revo or savage??
Old 12-18-2005, 08:29 PM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Savage or Revo

Are they both stock, or hopped up?
Old 12-18-2005, 08:32 PM
PlAtInUm ReVo

They are both going to be stock for a little while then i will upgrade them more!!!
Old 12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Whoa G

Savvy hands down if they're stock, but the Revo holds its own, keep in mind that the two trucks are completely different, the revo's a 1/10, the Savage a 1/8, TVP vs. aluminum monocoque chassis, 8 long-stroke shocks vs. 4 inboard large bore shocks, .25 or .28 vs. .15 ci, the list goes on. In the end its all about what suits you, which would probably be a Revo for you, but a Savage for me.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:40 PM
alvinl

I personally prefer the stock Savage over the stock Revo, but it's a close call. If I had to choose only one, I am not sure I would be 100% satisfied with either choice. There are things I like about each truck. If I could drop a big block in the Revo and modify the suspension, that might change my opinion.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:09 PM
-SomeGuy-

If your doing 80% bashing and 20% racing then i say 100% savage...
Old 12-18-2005, 09:29 PM
tmodlin

Go ask the LST forum.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:00 AM
razor116

REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO REVO

iF your curious which one i think is better, ill try to explain with a more simple explanation, if i can!

Revo, OS 18 TM Enourmous ACNCM MACHINING COOLING HEAD, LOTS OF HOP-UPS
Old 12-19-2005, 09:17 AM
beelzebubishere
My Feedback: (1)

I gotta tell ya, that is one of the best answers I've ever seen to this question.

It's non-biassed, and lays out the differences between the 2 trucks quite well. I aplaud you man......well said.

I have a Revo Basher, and I'm building a REVO racer......now I think I'll buy a Savage in the near future too. Simly because I want a Big block truck, wthout adversely affecting the balance of my revos by cramming one in either of them. Thanks again.....you just sold a Savage fo HPI.

ORIGINAL: Whoa G

Savvy hands down if they're stock, but the Revo holds its own, keep in mind that the two trucks are completely different, the revo's a 1/10, the Savage a 1/8, TVP vs. aluminum monocoque chassis, 8 long-stroke shocks vs. 4 inboard large bore shocks, .25 or .28 vs. .15 ci, the list goes on. In the end its all about what suits you, which would probably be a Revo for you, but a Savage for me.
Old 12-19-2005, 07:35 PM
dltacos

Hey i was woundering what can i do to make my savage a better racer.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:06 PM
1Nightrider1

savages r good for racing i dont no whut your smokin[&:] Revo all de way foo
Old 12-19-2005, 09:50 PM
tmodlin

ORIGINAL: 1Nightrider1

Now that was a very usefull post. Thank you.

Is is just me or do all REVO owners act like 12 yr old prepubescent boys. I am sure there are some good people out there that run these trucks but the ones who post over here need to grow up.

ORIGINAL: dltacos
To make the savage a racer the main thing you would need to do is lower the center of gravity. There are a few ways to do this but if it is going to be mostly a racer I would start with the LCG TVPs. I am not at all a racer so I cant offer much advise but I would start with lowering the center of gravity. Do a search on it and I am sure you will learn a lot about racing because most of the people posting about it are going to be racers.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: tmodlin
Is is just me or do all REVO owners act like 12 yr old prepubescent boys. I am sure there are some good people out there that run these trucks but the ones who post over here need to grow up.
Unfortunately, that's true about most R/C owners... you've gotta understand, some of the Revo owners ARE 12 year old pre-pubescent boys... LOL... just like some of the Savage owners are...

Now, back to the question at hand... From what I understand, once you set a Savage up for racing... it's lost it's good bashing stance and "bashability" PLEASE... correct me if I'm wrong. With a Revo, it takes 4 nuts... and 4 screws to go from "bashing" stance to "racing" stance... and while you have the wheels off changing the position... might as well change them with some bowties (or similiar)... and you have yourself a GREAT racer...
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 PM
1Nightrider1

oh sry i shouldve known this is a hpi forum. whut answer am i supposed to say. oh savage is the best! i dont think so. im just sayin savages arent very good racers.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:06 PM
RenegadeRevo

oh sry i shouldve known this is a hpi forum. whut answer am i supposed to say. oh savage is the best! i dont think so. im just sayin savages arent very good racers.
LOL... it's not WHAT you said... it's HOW you said it.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 PM
the dog

its almost like some people expect you to prove one is better than the other. i cant say if one is better than the other because i dont have both. even if i did i still couldnt tell anybody which is better because im not them.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:51 PM
rustler 1

haha i wont mind reading any of this, i have a savage and its for bashing... but the revo has the potential to sweep u down the street... plus for bashing i think youd want a big engine to plow up hills and stuff along with strength rather than a stupid dinky traxxas toy, its ridicoulous how much my friend workz on his and he hates the reverse and the gearing in the tranny cuz it alsoways ****s up... the revo is the answer if u are bill gates but otherwise u need the savage plus would u love to have a savage to pull the revo around if there was a reason of tug a war w/ your friends?!?!?! see i do have a valid point and this question gets asked everyday... enless your a track guy ....... savage
Old 12-21-2005, 05:58 PM
More Juice
My Feedback: (44)

i agree with savage for bashing and revo for racing.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 PM
RenegadeRevo

ORIGINAL: rustler 1

haha i wont mind reading any of this, i have a savage and its for bashing... but the revo has the potential to sweep u down the street... plus for bashing i think youd want a big engine to plow up hills and stuff along with strength rather than a stupid dinky traxxas toy, its ridicoulous how much my friend workz on his and he hates the reverse and the gearing in the tranny cuz it alsoways ****s up... the revo is the answer if u are bill gates but otherwise u need the savage plus would u love to have a savage to pull the revo around if there was a reason of tug a war w/ your friends?!?!?! see i do have a valid point and this question gets asked everyday... enless your a track guy ....... savage
LOL... that's why the FOC was invented... the Reverse on the Revo isn't exactly the best ... but it does fine. If your friend doesn't like his Revo... he should sell it to someone who does. Sorry to say it, but there are many Revo owners that aren't Bill Gates. I have spent a TOTAL of $50 in the year that I've owned my Revo for broken parts... I know some Savage guys that have put MUCH more money in their Savages to keep 'em running... but... that is their experience... and you have yours. The argument will NEVER be won... Savage guys will always think their poo don't stink... and Revo guys will always KNOW theirs doesn't...
Old 12-21-2005, 08:07 PM
DaveG55

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

Now that was a very usefull post. Thank you.

ORIGINAL: dltacos
To make the savage a racer the main thing you would need to do is lower the center of gravity. There are a few ways to do this but if it is going to be mostly a racer I would start with the LCG TVPs. I am not at all a racer so I cant offer much advise but I would start with lowering the center of gravity. Do a search on it and I am sure you will learn a lot about racing because most of the people posting about it are going to be racers.

Aren't we all 12 year old prepubescent boys at heart
After all, what sane and reasonably adult male would spend the small fortunes we do on these finiky, fragile toys. Personally, I hope I don't grow up any time soon.
I have a Savage and a T-Maxx and they're both plenty of fun.
You'll be happy with either choice, really, you will!

Old 12-21-2005, 08:44 PM
alvinl

I agree with DaveG55. Growing up is MUCH over rated!
Old 12-21-2005, 09:05 PM
:Green:

Ive been 12 for 25 years.....
Old 12-22-2005, 01:37 PM
dirtdemon8989

um the savage is a 1/8 scale truck so how much bigger is it then the revo and how much slower is it it than the revo and wat engines are a derect drop in to the savage
Old 12-22-2005, 02:54 PM
:Green:

buy a Savage you wont need to drop in a new engine.

good god these threads are stupid...[&:]
Old 12-22-2005, 03:38 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

The savage is way bigger than the Revo, and the LST is way bigger than the Savage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.