Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

advice on tuneing with motorsaver?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 09:12 PM
VG30DE-TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice on tuneing with motorsaver?

yo dudezl.
i got the motorsaver filter for my truck today, its the older ss kit with the s-25 in it. put the new filter on and it seamd to bogg down wen nailing it from standstill.so herz where i ballsd it all up. totaly screwd the tuneing do tried setting it back to standard, the LSN seams to never end when screwing in, got to 5 turns and gave up. has annyone got anny tips on how to get it right and if also can someone plz post up there needle settings with the motorsaver on for around sea level and a 18 degree CELSUS day.not sure wat that is in your temp thing lol.anny help would be hugely appriceated!!!

Merry xmas yall
Old 12-22-2005, 10:09 PM
tmodlin

Default RE: advice on tuneing with motorsaver?

You will now have to pull the LSN all of the way out and make sure the o-ring on it is not ripped. When you screw it back in make sure that the air filter is off so you can look in the carb and see it move, you will know you are close to all of the way in. I would get out your manual and set it to stock and tune from there since you have already moved the needles around. All you would have had to do is probably richen it up a bit due to the higher flow filter.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:43 AM
VG30DE-TT

sweet cheerz boss ill give that ago
Old 12-26-2005, 10:29 PM
miswa

richen your mixture, the motosaver gives your engine more air so you have to richen the mixture