Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

savage 25 le trouble..still

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 08:58 AM
jonmills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default savage 25 le trouble..still

got my mt out today to see if i could fix the trouble i mentioned earlier.i noticed that when i accelerate gradually up to full throttle , when it gets to full throttle the servo that does the throttle arm jolts back n forward and the front wheels jolt left n back to the centre

seems like its some dodgy radio interference going on but its been alright till a couple days ago..........

any help appreciated

[:@]need to see this thing runnin smooth again.this thing is sick
Old 12-24-2005, 09:00 AM
zavzilla

Default RE: savage 25 le trouble..still

hi it sounds like your recever has gone i had the same thing on one of my boats and when i replaced the recever the problem ceased
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 AM
jonmills

my trucks only 2weeks old.....do u no why this might have happened.
plus will hpi cover it or if not how much is a new one
Old 12-24-2005, 11:45 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple things I would check, cheapest to most expensive. If you are still using AA batteries, switch to a hump pack. If you are using AA batteries, use nihm rechargeables and ditch the alkaleins. I use 2500 mah rechargeable Duracell batteries in my radios and they work good. Standard alkalein batteries run down very quickly and will cause problems.

2nd, did you install a failsafe? If so, try removing it and see if your problems go away. I had a similar problem with a Venom Smartemp Failsafe.

3rd, your receiver could be bad. A bad receiver will do that exact thing like zavzilla said. HPI should replace it under warranty. If you call their support, they may have you try a couple things but should replace it for you.

Good luck, post back.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:51 PM
jonmills

i am using normal aa but have bought some rechargable ones the other day.n i havent put a failsafe on either....probably should though after hearin a couple of nightmare stories.
so u reckon its a faulty reciever n that hpi will replace it for free............i hope so- have to ring um up sometime soon
cheerz for the feedback every1
Old 12-24-2005, 01:22 PM
jonmills

i just thought, if it is the reciever, why is it only doin it when i reach full throttle
Old 12-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: jonmills

i just thought, if it is the reciever, why is it only doin it when i reach full throttle
If you are using cheap AA alkaline batteries, servo glitching will show up REAL quick. All you can do is put in a fresh set, and I bet you will be all set. The #1 first upgradi I always recommend is a rechargable 6 volt 5 cell hump pack. HUGE difference in servo performance, and run time.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:09 PM
jonmills

i tried fresh ones but it still did it