Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

how much do you run your trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 01:43 AM
the dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much do you run your trucks?

i was wondering how much you guys run your trucks on the average? ive only had my truck 1 month and im on 4th gallon of fuel. at this rate ill need new motor by spring easy. i need another truck to take the load off this one. cant wait for hellfire.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 AM
cchrider

Default RE: how much do you run your trucks?

well if I have fuel and my truck is running fine I will run it everyday. But alot of times 3 to 5 times a week.But my truck has been down lately because I had to get a new engine. But I just got it back together today so you can bet i will be bashing with it alot!!
cchrider
Old 12-30-2005, 01:47 AM
tmodlin

Not enough. The cold keeps me inside.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:53 AM
the dog

the cold? come on now. im waiting for it to get in the -50f range this winter just so i can go run it outside. i want the record for running a savy at the coldest ambient temp! last year we had -56f but i didnt have my truck yet. i wouldve ran it though. that would have to have been some sort of first.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
amec

Not as much as i would like to. Its pretty hot here at the moment, temps between 35-40 celcius. The kids just want to go to the beach all the time!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:30 AM
colindecon

i have 3 savages and i can only get it out once a week if im lucky for 1-2 hours

things that keep me inside/or going home early

the cold/rain

dead battery in rotostart

smashing of a wheel arm

daylight (here at moment light only 9am to 4pm i work 8am till 5pm)[:@]

and being shouted at by some big guy trying to sleep
Old 12-30-2005, 02:34 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

i have 7 trucks and im lucky if i run them once a month..last time i ran my rc was october..how bad is that?
Old 12-30-2005, 03:17 AM
tmodlin

ORIGINAL: the dog

the cold? come on now. im waiting for it to get in the -50f range this winter just so i can go run it outside. i want the record for running a savy at the coldest ambient temp! last year we had -56f but i didnt have my truck yet. i wouldve ran it though. that would have to have been some sort of first.
You have fun with that On top of the cold I too work til 7 most nights and it is too dark to have much fun. I dont like racing around empty parking lots, I prefer the BMX track which is obviously covered in snow[]
Old 12-30-2005, 04:44 AM
IBrakeForNobody
My Feedback: (16)

I've had my truck for about 2 months, and I just finished burning 1/2 a gallon of fuel. [X(] I don't usually fill up the fuel tank all the way because I know I won't run it that long, I usually fill it maybe 1/3 to 1/2 full...maybe I should put on a smaller/lighter 75cc tank...
Old 12-30-2005, 05:08 AM
thunderw0lf

I run mine as much as I can. I was hoping to get more running out of then this week since I'm off work but no such luck. I decided to upgrade to aluminum diff cups and found that the diff bearings need to be erplaced along with the front and rear center drive shafts so I'm waiting on parts to get here. My electric is down because of a motor issue withe the end bell popping off so no running that one either.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Tweedybird

My buddies and I run every weekend in the summer, ususally all of our schedules together, including work and wives, only alot us Sundays to run together so we all meet up by 11am and run until atleast it gets dark, and in the summer it gets dark close to 8pm

So I'd say we run 9 hours weekly in the summer on sundays, every sunday like clockwork, but the rest of the time we are all working to save money for our familie's needs and our own truck's needs
Old 12-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Buzzbait

I ran about 6 gallons of nitro between late spring and early fall. Now that early winter has arrived, it's too dark out to run, by the time I get home from work on the weekdays. I still do a little bit of running on the weekends, if it isn't too cold or messy outside.

For me, winter time is upgrade and kit building time. I do my yearly teardowns, clean things up, replace worn parts, and maybe a few upgrades. I also try to pick up a new kit and build it slowly, as the winter drags on. The good side of building a kit over the winter, is that the truck is pretty well bulletproof by spring. I have the time to pay very close attention to the assembly, and lots of time to do my homework on bulletproofing th new ride.

I’m building an Ofna Jammin X1-CRT truggy this winter. The instructions stink in comparison to a Savage kit, but the parts quality is exceptional. Talk about a Cadillac of RCs!!! It’s my first buggy/truggy kit, so I do have a few new things to learn. It’s my first center diff, and my first RC with multiple brakes. Lots of learning and lots of fun doing the build.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:17 PM
Tweedybird

ORIGINAL: Buzzbait

I ran about 6 gallons of nitro between late spring and early fall. Now that early winter has arrived, it's too dark out to run, by the time I get home from work on the weekdays. I still do a little bit of running on the weekends, if it isn't too cold or messy outside.

For me, winter time is upgrade and kit building time. I do my yearly teardowns, clean things up, replace worn parts, and maybe a few upgrades. I also try to pick up a new kit and build it slowly, as the winter drags on. The good side of building a kit over the winter, is that the truck is pretty well bulletproof by spring. I have the time to pay very close attention to the assembly, and lots of time to do my homework on bulletproofing th new ride.

I’m building an Ofna Jammin X1-CRT truggy this winter. The instructions stink in comparison to a Savage kit, but the parts quality is exceptional. Talk about a Cadillac of RCs!!! It’s my first buggy/truggy kit, so I do have a few new things to learn. It’s my first center diff, and my first RC with multiple brakes. Lots of learning and lots of fun doing the build.
Yeah I was eyeing up the CRT truggy myself, thinking of something new for next season to blow everyones minds at the track, but after careful consideration, over price and type of truck I want to run, handling, etc. I was leaning more towards the hellfire, still sticking to the proud makers of my savages.

I like the idea of kit building but over the years in RC I've developed an aquired taste of buying, and not spending huge amounts of money doing so. But still getting quality as well.

Although if I get the hellfire I may end up ripping out the electronics and using my own radio gear, so I'll have another extra radio setup to sell, but in turn spending said money on new servos and receiver.

I would have alot of fun building the CRT though. Dunno...
Old 12-30-2005, 12:27 PM
Buzzbait

Yep. I spent weeks trying to decide between the CRT and Hellfire. I was a tough choice. My final decision was based on the few things. First, the CRT has really proven itself. The Hellfire might require a generation before the bugs are fully worked out.

Also, I remembered my problems from last year, ordering my Savage 4.6SS kit. The release date kept getting pushed back and pushed back and pushed back. What started as a late December purchase ended up being a March purchase. I didn’t want to go through that agony again with the Hellfire.

I also had electronics and an engine available, so a roller kit seemed to make sense.

The basic assembly of the CRT was completed yesterday. I just need to find a nice day, to fire her up and check the linkage. I’m sure that there will be lots of little things to do it as the winter rolls on. I also need to paint the body, but that will probably wait until springtime.

Sorry about hijacking the thread.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Tweedybird

No problem, It looks real nice by the way. good job on the build.
Let me know how things progress I'm curious, theres still plenty of time to change my mind before we see the Hellfire.

Tweedy
Old 12-30-2005, 04:25 PM
savageman90
My Feedback: (12)

i run mine about once a week in the winter.... and sometimes once a month if it is really cold, but in the summer i would say 4-5 times a week
Old 12-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Hpi_mt2

Mines out due to my Picco's Head Insert striping(The metal piece the glow plug screws into) BUT I finished my track 2 days ago its not that big but its good for a 15 year old and a shovel.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:19 PM
INTEGRA

summer winter no difference to me ....i prolly run my savage once a day and maby the NQ 2or 3 times a week when i play hockey at the local rink.....
P.S got snow.

TrU
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53549.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	379373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44247.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	379374   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30569.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	379375  
Old 01-01-2006, 11:56 PM
rjfabrication

Not nearly as often as I'd like. During the week in winter I leave the house in the dark for work and then I come home in the dark. On the weekend I usually end up doing chores and house projects. I also travel a lot for work which means I'm gone from home on a regular basis. All of that means on the weekend I try to get a tank in here and there and run up and down the street much to the shagrin of the neighbors. I haven't found a local track yet but I'm searching.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Mech747

man some of you are so lucky over here it's rain rain rain it has been raining for at less two weeks and counting also during the time it wasn't raining my truck was busted due to clutch complications []
Old 01-02-2006, 02:27 PM
sledmanass
My Feedback: (2)

well ive had my savage for over a 1.5 years and ive only ran about 1 gallon throuh it. All summer i worked, and i work on my figure 8 car, and than in the fall i mostly drove my stadium truck for 2 months. So now the savage will wait till after spring, and then for sure ill run it.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:59 PM
kurtf5

wow none of you use your cars much...i use mine mostly in autumn/winter time. My swift 2 reached 300F in the summer! Had to richen it about 1/8th of a turn outwards and that sorted that lol. My latest edition to my garage is the savage 25 lim editition, the break in process seems alot more dull than my swift's break in. Even after 5 tanks it struggles to hit second gear, im abit disapointed.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:44 PM
living my life

I usually get out once or twice on the weekends. The sun goes down about the same time I get home from work so im kinda stuck with that. Its not bad though last few days I ran it was doin really good in the cold.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:27 PM
the dog

i guess i can see that most people gotta work most of the time. i dont work more than 4 months a year and its all in the summer. i feel sorry for the people who work 9-5. i have aloota time on my hands so my truck like i said gets run as much as possible. its to cold to go snowmaching and to cold to go to the range. i dont have television so what am i gonna do? i run my truck. i cant wait for the hellfire.
good thing about where i live in the summer its light 24-7. cant beat that.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Mech747

crazy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.